Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jf6154 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 05:05 AM
    No break taken pay deducted anyway
    Is it legal to deduct pay for a break even though you didn't receive a break?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2012, 05:24 AM
    Do you mean you were denied the right to take a break, or you chose to work through it? It is illegal if it was a break required by law. Against company policy if it was defined by company policy.

Can you clarify what break it was, when, how many hours you work per day and week?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break being deducted without taking one [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and sometimes where I work we are unable to take a break due to being short staffed and super busy. On days like this even though we cannot take a break it is deducted from our pay. Is this illegal?

Salary pay deducted [ 2 Answers ]

I am salary employee in Ohio and work well over 150 hrs overtime each year and don't get paid for it, I recently had surgery and was off work for 3 weeks, I used all my vacation time (2 weeks) which made one week unpaid, I am now back to work but only half days temporarily and being paid for only...

How much childsupport can be deducted from my pay check weekly? [ 3 Answers ]

How much child support can be deducted from my pay check weekly?

Expected to work through lunch with pay still deducted [ 3 Answers ]

As a seasonal employee of the state of NY, I work 4 ten hour days in which I am deducted one half hour from my paycheck for lunch. It is common knowledge that I cannot walk away from my job at any point during the 10 hour stretch. Sometimes I barley have time to use the bathroom. It is also...

Figuring out amount of additional $ to have deducted per pay. [ 13 Answers ]

For the 2nd year in a row we have been hit HARD and owe multiple thousands of dollars in taxes. We had followed the advice of our tax preparer last year and had the max deductions taken out, but apparently it was not enough. Is there a calculation I can do to determine what additional amount we...

View more questions Search