Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tagg65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
    How can I divorce my parents
    I would like to divorce my parents as I no longer want to be part of there lives or them to be part of mine
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
    Really depends on your location and age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 08:26 AM
    If you are over 18, just break all ties with them, there is no legal requirement in US and Canada and most of Europe that you have to have a relationship with them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 21, 2012, 08:42 AM
    You can't divorce parents. You can't disown them either. You can disinherit them by specifically mentioning in your will that they get nothing.
    Since you are not liable for them in any way, there is no law (in the US anyway) that covers what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents divorce [ 13 Answers ]

I am 16. I want to live with my dad that's where my school and friends are. He hasn't promised me anything inappropriate. The judge granted my mom custody. Can my mom ask the judge to let me live with my dad even though she got custody? Or can I go live with him regardless of what the judge said?

I think my parents are having a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Olivia sorry if I miss spell words. My parents are fight every night and at night my mom sleeps on the couch and my dad sleeps on the bed. They been fighting about that my dad always promises but never keeps them, and always says sorry. Last night we bought flowers, and in the...

My parents are getting a divorce, what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so my name is Tate(15 year old male) and my parents are getting a divorce. There are four people in my family, my dad(Chris), my mom(Lori), my brother(McKay) and me. When I was younger my parents got along great. My brother and I are pretty could kids, we get good grades and don't do anything...

Non Custodial parents rights in divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking at getting a divorce from m wife. I have been married for 8 to 9 years and I have no children with her. I have two children from my first wife. Does she have in rights that I need to know about before I go forward with this divorce?

Do I seek approval from my divorce parents? [ 3 Answers ]

Do I seek approval from my father of my fiancé or even invite my father who divorced my mother 20 years ago to my wedding. I'm 30 years old and he was never part of my life after the divorce and I only talk to him a couple of times of year. He still acts like a father over the phone but never...

View more questions Search