Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
    NYC resident taxes
    I live and work in nyc but have a California ID
    And residence. Can I be considered part time nyc resident. How can avoid pay such high nyc resident taxes
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Sorry, you are dreaming the California, not the NY hard reality of life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ resident, working in NYC, tax filing needed for NY? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I am a NJ resident. I worked in NYC for the first four months of 2006, and have received a W-2 from that employer. Do I need to file any kind of NYC state or local tax form in addition to my federal and NJ forms? Thank you! Tony Donato

Question on state tax - NJ resident NYC job [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I started working in NYC from JULY 2005.Before that I was in India and I am o n H1b.I reside in NJ.I rented a house in NJ on 15th August and stayed till 31st Dec,2005. My husband came to US in July 2005 end on F1 and resides in New York state. We are trying to fill up the return...

NJ Resident - NYC job - Tax calc [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently split on 2 opportunities that I have in hand and need to make a decision. One is a job in NYC and the other a job in NJ. I am considering all aspects of the jobs, but need to make APPLES to APPLES comparison in Dollar terms. I need to calculate the tax I would pay...

NJ resident work in NYC - need help for filing estimate tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of New Jersey and work in New York City. I have some realized capital gain from stock trading. Where should I file state estimate tax? To NYC or NJ ? I also have some income from NJ in the first 3 months in 2005. Can I file my estimate tax to NJ to avoid higher rate in NY...

NJ Resident with NYC job - Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently was offered a new job in NYC. Currently I work in NJ. How do I figure out what is a comparable salary in NYC since I would have to pay NJ, NYC, and NY State taxes so that my take home pay is at minimum the same. Currently I make about $55,000 in NJ. What would my NYC salary need to...

View more questions Search