Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Task manager running processes
    My task manager says that I have over 1000 processes running. Most of them are svchost.exe/ vbasic. Do I have a virus?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Certainly serious excessive.
    I would scan for both viruses and malware..
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 02:12 AM
    You can run a full scan on your PC system
    Also check the start up and running programs through
    In Run "msconfig" type and enter
    Under Startup section disable the service that is not required.
    This way you can save load on your PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my computer run so much processes in the windows task manager [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with my computer but is running 82 or sometimes 84 processes Help:(:confused:

Task manager [ 9 Answers ]

Can some one provide me with a link to what programs that are running it my task manager. I seem to have allot running and I would like to end the prosses on some but I heard it can do some damage to your computer if I end the wrong ones. I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Task manager [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all of you , I have a problem with task manager which I can't open it,I receive a messege"task manager has been disabled by your administrator"

Task Manager Processes [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop has 61 running processes and uses 98+ percent of CPU when no applications running. My desktop has 63 running processes and uses less than 5% CPU when no applications running. Why is my laptop eating up the CPU and what can I do about it?

Task Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some problems ending processes in task manager. After choosing to end a process and answering 'yes' to the warning, the process does not end. As such I am also unable to uninstall the program as the process is running in the background. I have run virus scans and spyware...

View more questions Search