Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrowland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
    Kitchen knob will not turn the hot water off
    In my kitchen I have a 2 knob faucet. I turned the knob last night to turn the hot water on. When I went to turn it off it wouldn't go off. While trying to get it turned off there was a loud pop. The water finally turned off but now we have to turn the knobs the opposite way they are suppose to go... how can this be fixed. Do I need a new faucet...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rrowland View Post
    in my kitchen i have a 2 knob faucet. i turned the knob last night to turn the hot water on. when i went to turn it off it wouldn't go off. while trying to get it turned off there was a loud pop. the water finally turned off but now we have to turn the knobs the opposite way they are suppose to go....how can this be fixed. do i need a new faucet....
    More details please! Brand name? How old? Turning thr hot water off affected the cold side of the valve? Now you have to turn the knoba clockwise to open? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water knob stopped working in shower, cold water knob still works [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has two handles, one for hot and one for cold water. This morning when I turned the hot water knob off after my shower it worked fine at first but then the handle started to feel like it was turning really loosely and it never came to a hard stop (it kept spinning in the same direction as...

Kitchen Faucet hot water won't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

I had to turn off the main water supply in the house. When I turn it back on the kitchen faucet hot water now has a slow stream of water coming on (cold water runs fine). All three bathrooms hot water runs just fine, it's just the kitchen faucet. It was working just fine before I turn it off. What...

Hot water shower knob hard to turn [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden the Hot water knob in my shower is really hard to turn. The cold water turns fine. The hot water use to not be hard like it is but it is getting worse. We recently had a winter freeze and during the freeze the hot water knob turned like it should but now that the weather is back in...

If I barely turn my shower knob it makes water too hot? [ 7 Answers ]

Just had a new water heater installed and now the shower faucet is very sensitive. If I turn it just a bit to the cold or hot side the change in temperature is drastic. Any ideas?

The hot water won't turn off at my kitchen sink how do I fix this? [ 0 Answers ]

Cold water works fine. It's just the hot water that won't turn off

View more questions Search