Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie1955 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 04:53 PM
    word problem
    two divided by the difference of a number and 3 minus 4 divided by a number plus 3, equals 8 times the reciprocal of the difference of the number squared and 9. what is the number?

define your variable(s), generate your equation(s), and solve the application problem.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
    Did you define your variables?
    jackie1955 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Did you define your variables?
    No
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
    It'd be a good start to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word problem [ 1 Answers ]

I know the answer to this but can not explain to my child easily. "one block has 15 recycling containers. There are three more paper containers than plastic containers. How many paper, how many plastic containers? Answer is 6 and 9.

Word problem [ 0 Answers ]

Lucas drives to and from school over the same route each day. On Friday, he drives at an average rate of 35 mph and is two minutes late to school. On Monday, he drives at an average rate of 40 mph and is three minutes early to school. If he left home at the same time each day, what is the...

Please help with this word problem. [ 1 Answers ]

A local restaurant is hosting a chili cook-off. The restaurant is making award ribbons for the first, second, and third place winners. Each ribbon consists of a rectangle and an isosceles triangle. How many square inches of material will the restaurant need to make each ribbon?

Word problem [ 2 Answers ]

A word problem [ 3 Answers ]

A pool is filled by two pipes. It takes the first pipe 2 hours more and the second pipe 4 hours more to fill it than both pipes at the same time. The book says that the first pipe fills the pool in 5 hours and the second one in 7.5 hours, so I think I did something wrong. Anyway, here's what I...

View more questions Search