Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammyinfl315 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
    Drain flies
    I live in Fl, and my water softner broke. They couldn't come for 2 weeks to fix it, so I didn't do any laundry or run dishwasher. The well water here is awful! I ended up with drain flies! Please can I use muriatic acid or boric acid to kill them? I have been boiling water and using baking soda and vinager till 4 am most nights. The little son of a guns just don't die! Now they are in my fish tank! I'm not looking to put acid in fish tank. I am waiting for a product I got on line for that. I only saw one yesterday and one today, but I know they are still there. Oh, if I can use one of those, how would I do it.
    Thanks so much!

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Drain flies on my balcony [ 10 Answers ]

There's a drain pipe that goes down 10 floors on my balcony and there are flies coming out from the drain. I found very helpful information from this post: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/drain-flies-sewer-flies-205451.html But unfortunately the products (Drain Gel, Microfoam) are not...

Drain Flies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have different times of the year that I have drain flies in my house and I would love to know 1. How Do I keep from getting them? 2. How do I get rid of them, if I get them? This drives me CRAZY and I don't know what to do. Please help me

Drain Flies [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Our sump pump is in the basement next to our washer. It smelled pretty bad, and this is where we are noticing the...

Drain flies [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the drain fly problem in my house in New Jersey. The local pest company professionals identified these as drain flies. The house is 25 yrs old and on a slab. It is a ranch style with no basement. I have two bathrooms one with a shower and a tub. It has been 2 years since I bought...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search