Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ehhhhhh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 06:46 PM
    How can I drop a child support case that I never filed in dallas county TX?
    Me and my fiancé have a son together, lately I've been getting letters from the attorney general office saying that I have to go to court. We live together he pays for everything. We both have custody. I had applied for medicaid and that's when they start sending these letters. How do I stop this or what can I do to drop the case against my fiancé. I don't understand why would they refer me to the AG. My son have medical insurance through my fiancés job and also have medicaid. Please help me.

Rebecca
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Because you filed for public assistance the state gets involved. Because you are not maried they want to make sure the father is supporting his child. So prove to the AG's office that you are living together and he is supporting the child.

Why would you need to apply for medicaid if he is covered by the father's insurance?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ehhhhhh View Post
    ... I've been getting letters from the attorney general office saying that I have to go to court. ...

they start sending these letters. ...
    I'm fairly sure that the AG isn't writing letters which read
    "Dear Rebecca, we would like you to come to court some time, at your convenience, ..."
    Have you been served with a summons which notifies you of a specific lawsuit, and that you have so many days in which to respond?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I drop a child support case in Hudson County [ 2 Answers ]

2wks ago I filed for child support for my son. Me and his father have now come to an agreement and no longer want to proceed with our court date. How do I stop it? Can we both not show up to court or do we still need to go? Sammy

What usually happens on a first time probation in Dallas County, Texas. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend went to jail in another county, but that charge is now being dropped. Not positive if that is why probation was revoked or if it is prior reasons. Has failed a drug test, is behind on paying fees & fines, and hasn't started community service or the recommend classes yet. How likely is...

How does child support(county) get a hold of a bank account? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I recently noticed a debit charge from his bank statement online once it was through pending the charge was a Legal Order Fee (lts). He had gone to the bank to get this situation understood and under control. It turns out it is child support and the bank is charging him the $100.00...

Child Support - Large arrears from unknown case filed while incarcerated [ 5 Answers ]

There was a child support case opened once I left my ex girlfriend (who advised me that the child was not mine). I moved out of the state approximately 1 year prior to being incarcerated. A case was filed and a default judgement was won. I was released in 2004, moved back to California and...

He wants to drop the child support order [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a question. My child's father took me to court after I got married and moved out of state. My child at the time was 4 and before he gave me some money ( very little) for my child over her 4 years. After this move he took me to court to legalize her...

View more questions Search