Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisabeth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Heil Furnace blower won't come on UPDATED
    Ok It is a Heil gas furnace. No belts. The motor I hear running is apparently the electronic ignition that comes on when I turn the electric on to the furnace. The burner fires, heats and goes out once heated up, no blower comes on. I was told to clean the heat sensor since it may be corroded. That did not work. This is a duplex. I did not get an inspection, as they never do anything anyway. Thanks letmetellu and labman for your responses.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Quote:
    The burner fires, heats and goes out once heated up, no blower comes on.

If your furnace heats but the blower never comes on then you have to expect that it is something wrond with the motor of the switch turning the motor on. Since I do not know how old your furnace is I have to explain that some moters are turned on with a fan switch that gets how and as it heats it make two points contact and turns the motor on.
    On others the motor is turned on by a switch that is a timed switch. After the furnace has burned for 90 or 120 or so seconds the switch makes the contacts in a relay and the motor comes on.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
    I still think it is the seller's responsibility to fix this. Check the real estate law forum. If you are going to fix it yourself, check https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html Go to the sequence of operations for a gas furnace. I think you will find the blower relay is failing to close, or the blower is bad. The relay is a $.25 part attached to a $300 board. Check the real estate forum, check the sticky and post back. And please don't start a third thread. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ace-67444.html
    MJ8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Only comes on when I switch it on posetion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Blower won't come on Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace in a home I just purchased. The first day it worked fine. Second day, it fires up, I can hear a motor running, but the blower doesn't come on. Relay switch? Thank You!

Heil exhaust blower problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heil outdoor Gas/AC pack model #NPGAD24D1K3 approximately 10yrs old. Unit works great as always at heating the house. The unit cycles normally; however recently I noticed that in between heating cycles the exhaust blower turns on and off repeatedly about every 10 seconds. Approximately...

Heil pa5542aka outside blower not on [ 1 Answers ]

From my previous question we found out when the power and light turned off the power when they turned it back on they forgot to turn the outside main breaker on after they turned the power back on. But, the heat works great now but the outside fan is not coming on. We just bought this place so we...

Heil blower problems [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has a Heil Comfortmaker 10. If the furnace has been off for awhile the blower motor works fine, but sometimes when the furnane kicks on the motor will only hum and when not blow even turned to on. I spinned the wheel but it still won't start. It will just set there and hum. The motor...

View more questions Search