Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamie Johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Itchy chin
    My border collie has been scratching under his chin so much that it bleeds. He's never had any health problems, but I have noticed lately that he is not interested in his food and wonder if maybe he has an allergy to it. I don't know if I should change is food or take him to the vet.

Thanks!
    Jamie
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 08:48 AM
    If you are feeding a regular dog chow and little else, I would go to the vet. It could be parasites, a fungus, etc. Changing chows could complicate diagnoses and make things worse.

If you are adding very much else of this or that, cut it out. You could be ruining the carefully formulated complete and balanced diet and bringing on the itch.

It is common for herding dogs to refuse to over eat. You may be over feeding it. See the sticky, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chin ups [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 year old male (67 kgs not overweight for 5'9" height). I recently tried to do chin ups for the first time. I could not lift myself up even once :( . I found this surprising (shameful rather) because even small kids were going up and down 10 - 15 times on each trial :-[. How can I...

How I can reduce fat in my chin & neck areas [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am an indian having a fair skin.but my problem is that though my body is good but due to fat around my face in the neck areas I look a little bit older than I am.

About hair on my chin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, l need help, lam already 16, l have dark mustache growing and chin hair growing too but the beard on my chin is really light color, are there any ways that l can get it darker? If it is shaving, please list me a routine of how to shave and how many days shave betweena and how long shave...

I have lot of whiteheads on my nose & chin do you know anything that can take it away? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a lot of white-heads on my nose and chin and I want to know if there's anything that can take them away?. I have been sWEEZing them with TWEEZER and also a hair pin. And they keep on coming back in 2 days! And it hurts and also my face is left with digs and marks. Please can you help...

Rash type thing on cheeks and chin. [ 5 Answers ]

For about the past year I have had red/dry small spots on my cheeks. They aren't itchy and only slightly raised if at all. They come and go but I have them longer then I don't. A few months ago they cleared up on my right cheek and I get them worse on my left now. They have also started appearing...

View more questions Search