Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilianaibarra44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Buying a home after bank discharge
    I had a chapter 7 bk which discharged 4/12 (wa state, skagit county) My hm is also due to foreclose 7/13/12.    My employer and a private party are willing to give me a private note to purchase a new hm.  The terms and conditions are excellent and want to move forward with the offer.   Would the state or court come after me or the new hm if I purchase with this private note ?    Is it true that I can buy 1 day after bk discharge or do I hv to wait a certain number of months to buy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Why was the home not included in the bankruptcy, If it is just foreclosing you need your attorney to read over the loan documents to be sure they don't have a claim for any amount lost at foreclosure.

Next OK this will be a little preachy, why in gods name are you going to borrow more money and get into more debt within months and days of the foreclosure. Did you not learn anything about not having debt
    Lilianaibarra44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
    The hm Was incluyes in the bk and there is no deficiency balance. The reason for bk was an interst only arm that which dramatically increased the pmt and a property value that dropped by 75%. The new house pmt is very affordable and My income is sufficient to afford the new house pmt. Just need to know if I can accept both private notes now or if I hv to wait to accept them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a new home [ 25 Answers ]

My daughters father left her quite a bit of money when he passed away when she was 10yr old. I purchased a new home For us with her money paying about half of the cost. They were OK because the home would be left to her at my death. to do as she pleased. 4 years ago I remarried he adopted her, at...

Buying a home [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I am just wondering about buying a house. I am permanently disabled. My husband died 9 years ago so my 15 year old daughter receives death benefits from him. I really want to buy a small, modest home, but there are reasons that I don't know what to do beside my disability. My...

Buying a home ? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone who is self-employed and on Supplementary Security Income buy a home ?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search