Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHFox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Joint Acct. only one spouse's name on checks
    Hi,

Recently my husband reordered checks over the phone (I couldn't find the reorder form) and we ended up with checks that only have his name printed on them. He insists it's fine for me to sign these checks since it's a joint account, but I'm leery of this. I say we should just order new checks, but he doesn't want to waste them for what he sees as no big deal (I'm the one who writes the checks for bills each month).

Is it all right for me to sign these checks, or am I going to run into problems doing this?

Thanks so much,

SHFox
    fireresc Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2007, 05:42 AM
    I would check with your bank to see if your name needs to be on the checks. I believe he may be right in that you can still sign the checks but check with your bank.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2007, 07:34 AM
    One other point I just thought of. Who did you order the checks from? If you ordered them from the bank, then they made a mistake and should issue new checks to correct it.

If you ordered directly from a check printer, then he may have goofed giving them the wrong info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a spouse's name to mortgage [ 8 Answers ]

I recently married and want my name added to the mortgage/title. How do we go about this?

Other Spouse's reaction to sexual harassment [ 5 Answers ]

What if your spouse has been a victim of sexual harassment and retaliation for not complying with advances from a co-worker? What rights to I, as the other spouse have? Although the advances were made to my husband, and he did not physically respond to the flirtations, he verbally did, and thus...

Relinquish Paternal Rights & Adopt spouse's child [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my husband now for 2 years (legally married just recently). I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship (never married). My husband wants to legally adopt my son and I know that my son's biological father has to relinquish his paternal rights. My questions are: do I...

How to add spouse's name to deed on house [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my name to the deed on my home? It is only in my husbands name. We moved in the house together 28 years ago. We have been married 26 years. The house is paid for.

Managerial acct. [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I have two questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me with! Thanks Question 1: The contribution margin ratio is 30% for the Honeyville Company and the break-even point in sales is $150,000. If the company's target net operating income is $60,000, sales would have to be: Question 2:...

View more questions Search