Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingy69 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 04:12 PM
    Sore nipples, one period had in last 6 months, no sex since 6 months ago
    Right, so I haven't had sex since Nov 2011 (almost 7 months ago), I've had my period once since then and that was at the start of June... I've got really sore nipples (just the nipples) and I've taken about 50 pregnancy tests since December which all returned as negative. Ive always had fluctuating weight and irregular periods... Im not sure what is causing this, I did go through a 3 day phase of not being able to keep my dinner down back in December but now I'm fine. The one thing that is worrying me is my irregular period and the really sore nipples. Does anyone know what could be the cause?
    Im overseas and can't afford a doctors appointment at the moment... :(

HELP!
    MuskokaGirl28 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Hello, do you think it may have something to do with your thyroids? The reason I say this is because your thyroids control a large part of your body. A huge thing is fluctuating weight. Maybe you have noticed things such as still having baby teeth? Or a late start at losing baby teeth. Also, how old were you when you got your first period? Sometimes people with thyroid issues have a late start with there body maturing. This is where the late period starts, late loss of baby teeth, fluctuating weight, fatigue. I mean, a missed period can mean A LOT of different things, stress can be a major cause. And sore nipples and other side affects can be your hormones causing this as they don't know how to react. I think the best thing to do is to pay the money to see a doctor. It could be serious.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
    There is ONE thyroid gland - it's thyroid, not thyroids. Baby teeth problems come with childhood thyroid problems, not adult onset.

Yes, she should see a Physician about the delayed periods.

Here's some very good, independent information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid
    MuskokaGirl28 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Yes I know there is ONE thyroid, a thyroid in which we have a parathyroid gland attached on each side. Which was WHY I said thyroid(S) no need to correct my spelling. I know what I meant. I'm not perfect and neither are you... Thyroid hormones help regulate the body. With energy and it also helps the body's use of other hormones as well as the growth and maturation of the body and its tissues. I know this because my cousin had thyroid cancer and needed it removed. I'm not saying this is what the issue is, I'm saying this could be a possibility. Anyway, good luck to you KINGY69
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Actually there are four parathyroid glands and one thyroid. That's why it's parathyroid glandS and Thyroid gland. I didn't correct your spelling. I corrected the misinformation which you posted.

I never said I was perfect - I said there is one thyroid gland. Maybe you knew what you meant. It would do the OP no good to repeat the thyroid glands info if it is not correct.

And, yes, I read the site I posted so I know how the thyroid works.
    kingy69 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
    I lost all my baby teeth before I got my period at 12. I am now almost 20!
    I was born premature (13 weeks early) so this may be the cause because one of my optic nerves is smaller than the other too... I will definitely go to the doctor in the next couple of weeks... Thank you for your help!
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
    Please come back and let us know - and, yes, the baby teeth problem is caused by childhood thyroid problems.
    shanimcshay Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Hello I had a problem with that as well and I had a cyst on my ovary u may want to check it out.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2013, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanimcshay View Post
    Hello I had a problem with that as well and I had a cyst on my ovary u may want to check it out.
    This thread (question) was posted almost a year ago, 11 months ago to be exact. The OP (original poster) never came back to tell us what was going on. The logical conclusion is that she figured it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods. Sore nipples. No period for 5 months [ 2 Answers ]

Well I been having sore nipples for about two weeks. I haven't started my period for five months and I have been having protected sex. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Is there something wrong

2 months late very sore nipples for a week now [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having extremely sore.nipples for a week now and I don't know why I never grt sore nipples this bad help please

Why my nipples are sore and I have not had a period in months [ 0 Answers ]

Why my nipples are sore, I have not had a period in months what should I do I'm scared

Missed period sore nipples and not pregnant, and tubes tide 5 years ago [ 4 Answers ]

My nipples have been sore for about a week and am about a week and a half late , took a test and says I am NOT pregnant and also had my tubes tide 5 years ago after a c-section

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

View more questions Search