Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Irregular periods. Sore nipples. No period for 5 months
    Well I been having sore nipples for about two weeks. I haven't started my period for five months and I have been having protected sex. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Is there something wrong
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 02:51 AM

Are your cycles usually irregular? If so, it would be difficult to use a lack of a period as an indicator for possible pregnancy. Some women will experience breast and/or nipple tenderness at different times throughout the month due to shifts in hormone levels.

You may want to speak to your doctor about whether there is a reason for the infrequent periods. For some women it is the norm for them, for others there can be hormonal causes that can be managed.
    KadySnow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I have irregualr periods but I haven't had one in almost 5 months?
    It's the longest I've ever gone. I'm being very skeptical about certain thought but I'm only gaining wieght in two spots of my body an I'm dreading takeing a test... does anyone might have a clue or idea what might be going on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 missed periods sore nipples negative pregnancy tests? [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so I'll start from the beginning. My last period was on the 7th of July and only lasted for a couple of days with only spotting. I haven't had anything since. I was having nausea and headaches and feeling dizzy which my doctor put down to labyrinthitis but they didn't do any tests to check...

Nipples been sore constantly for a week , have irregular periods. Could I be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 22yrs old and have a history of irregular periods. Ive been having unprotected sex with my husband for 3 years now. I was getting my periods 5 months in a row and then 4 months ago I had a very light brown spotting only enough for the toilet paper. Ever since that spotting I haven't gotten...

Irregular Periods for about 7 months [ 3 Answers ]

My periods have become irregular in the last six or seven months. They are on no set “schedule” and are never the same length- sometimes they will last for three days, sometime for almost two weeks. Oftentimes there is a brownish discharge for a few days after the blood stops. Also, there are times...

Recent miscarriage, now no period and sore nipples but negative hpt... [ 1 Answers ]

I miscarried 4 weeks ago and had a d&c I have had sensitive nipples for the last 10 days and I just have a feeling that I am pregnant. I have been extremely tired and very emotional and moody and irritible, I have had 3 experiences of stomach cramps last week. I have taken a hpt but it came back...

View more questions Search