Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lover953 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Can't stop thinking about my ex.
    4 months ago I broke up with my ex. He was a very sweet loving guy but the reason we broke up was because of me. We were together for 2 years.

Since then I have been dating a old friend of mine that fancied me when I was with my ex. We have dated before when we were younger. He treats me like a princess and loves me the way I am so he says. I love him but I can't stop thinking about my ex.

What should I do, stay with my boyfriend or go back to my ex?? I really don't know. Please help :(
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 06:44 PM
    For one, you should never go back with an ex. They're an ex for a reason sweetheart, it didn't work out the first time so why should it a second.

But first things first, don't get into a relationship until you've completely gotten over your ex, which will take time. Getting into something serious with someone while you're still fighting feelings of an ex can be poisonous to a relationship.

Go completely no contact with your ex, don't message, text, talk or even think about him. Then get busy, hang out with friends, try some new things, find a new hobby just stay active, soon enough you'll let go of him and lose your feelings for him.

When you are over your ex, and can accept that it was the past and is over, then and only then can you move onto a new relationship. It will take time, but time is your friend, and only he can help you heal.

I wish you the best of luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Maybe you moved into this new guy before you were over the old guy. Don't go backward though, just give yourself more time before you get serious. A new boyfriend doesn't help things, but having someone give you attention just feels good.

How old are you?
    cbunny20 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jun 8, 2012, 09:36 PM
    You probably just broke up with your ex because you you started to get bored or curious. And a new boyfriend is not going to help. Break up with your boyfriend and stay single for a while. Give yourself time to think about every thing and the way you feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex [ 20 Answers ]

I'd been going out with my girl for 2months, then one day she just turned around and said that she ' couldn't be bothered'. This was about 2 weeks ago. I tried my hardest, and did nothing wrong to her. This was my first serious relationship. Ever since we split, all I can think about is her, and it...

Why can I stop thinking about her? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I recently started talking with this girl in one of my classes. I started smiling at her and would smile back at me. We have talked a couple of times and I like her. I see her in my class everytday and every time I go in she smiles at me. I don't know if she has a boyfriend though I'm hoping...

Why you should stop thinking about your ex! [ 3 Answers ]

Here is something from me to those trying to get over an ex. You find yourself wishing on a shooting star, but you need to know dreams alone won't get you that far. Ima share something with you, your dreams are riding on the wind and all you have to do is just reach out and pull them in. The...

I can't stop thinking about her? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. Why is this happening to me. Everyday I wish I could scream at her so that she could see what she does to me. Here's the story, I recently just moved and I'm in a new school, in a new state, senior year of high school. You would think things are already bad...

I can't stop thinking about her [ 10 Answers ]

OK so here it is( I'm sorry its so long but I could really use some help on it) There's this girl named katie whom I've never seen in person but I've been talking to for about 3 months(phone,chatting) I think, she was my cousins best friend up until she had to mave about 2-3 minutes away, but they...

View more questions Search