Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephieMellark Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 11:44 PM
    Why is my baby guinea pig lying under its mother, is there something wrong with it?
    I have 2 one day old guinea pigs, whom are lying under their mother, is there something wrong with them or am I just fretting over nothing?! Are they sleeping or is it a death signal,

Please help, the mother is quite attached and I'm afraid if they pass away that she will stress and die!!
    tootaloo699 Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

Jun 27, 2012, 01:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StephieMellark View Post
    I have 2 one day old guinea pigs, whom are lying under their mother, is there something wrong with them or am i just fretting over nothing?!? Are they sleeping or is it a death signal,

please help, the mother is quite attached and im afraid if they pass away that she will stress and die!?!?
    Here's what I would try as soon as possible (asap) is to put on a clean vinyl glove so not add any germs while you very carefully an slowly move the mother up or to the side whichever looks like a better move an touch the baby lightly to see if there is any sign of life. She may have smoothered her little ones, an is now trying to hang on to them even though they are dead. Hopefully they are still alive an that not the case, she may be trying to keep them warm. Being on top of them is not good, if you have her in a place where air is blowing directly on her move her to a place where this air is not hitting her. Also you can use a small table lamp, one you can aim it's light into the cage an place 2 to 3 feet away. This will provide warmth for the babies. Do not use a heating pad they get to hot. Hope this helps you, God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My guinea pig is lying to only one side and I'm worried? [ 3 Answers ]

My guineapig rex(aged 1 year) lives with his friend karl (also aged 1 year)oh and yes my baby brother chose the names imaginativ right? They live in the same cage but latley my guineapig rex has become lazy and now he is only sleeping on one side he cannot walk and had crusty eyes also watery and...

What's wrong with my guinea pig? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so, lately I've noticed half of my guinea pigs face is like paralyzed.Only On her left side, her ear slouches, her cheek/whiskers NEVER move, and her eye is all squinted and cloudy? I can't find anyone with the same problem. What's wrong with my poor piggy DX. She usually has 2 roommates but...

My baby guinea pig has just went down hill ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my baby guinea pig (fluffy) is only 2 months old and she has just started hoppin about like rabit I know that she isn't popcornin I don't know if her mother (snowflake) has ran into her or hurt her in someway she is drinking and eating as long as you put her ner the food or drinking bottle av...

Baby guinea pig death [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, 2 of my guinea pig just died few days ago. They were about 3 month old. Before their death, they become very quiet, skinny ( u can feel the bones when you hold them), and barely move. Even if they are moving, they just drag their back leg along. They also lost their appetite. For info, I fed...

What's wrong with my Guinea Pig? [ 4 Answers ]

My Pet Adrian pees and poops all over my bed and my floor. My brother Zach (his owner) holds him and he goes up to his shoulder area and softly bites him (it kind of feels like a pinch cuse it's happened to me too) please respond asap. My pet Khyle Dosen't do any of that they are both males and...

View more questions Search