Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saralouise22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 05:10 AM
    My baby guinea pig has just went down hill ?
    Hi my baby guinea pig (fluffy) is only 2 months old and she has just started hoppin about like rabit I know that she isn't popcornin I don't know if her mother (snowflake) has ran into her or hurt her in someway she is drinking and eating as long as you put her ner the food or drinking bottle av touched her on the back legs and she doesn't make a scream noise or that but its just weird why she has started doing this as she never done it before if you could help that would be great

Mar 12, 2012, 05:17 AM
    Also she has Diarrhea and she is eating only if you place her at the water bottle or feed dish she has lost weigh and hopping instead of walking, her mum (SNOWFLAKE) is fine she is running about all happy and what ever
    celticfc Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Do u have any other animals? They might of disturbed the guinea pig how long ago did you get it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
    I'd take her to a Vet - anything else is just guessing.

Something appears to be wrong with her legs. Could be just about anything.

Mar 13, 2012, 12:43 AM
    Hi thanks for getting back to me and she is only 2 month old and she's in the cage with her mother and I have not got any other animals she has only started doing this when I put one off the iglo houses in the cage for them
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
    It sounds like she hurt herself. Did you take her to the Vet?
    StephieMellark Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 11:51 PM
    Is there other animals surrounding your guinea pig? Is there wild animals that can come near them if the cage is outside, there could be either a leg or stomach problem, the stomach could be uncomfortable and she may jump around, or their could be a torn ligement... the mother may have kicked it in the head or leg... but she could be popcorning

Take it to the vet though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby guinea pig death [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, 2 of my guinea pig just died few days ago. They were about 3 month old. Before their death, they become very quiet, skinny ( u can feel the bones when you hold them), and barely move. Even if they are moving, they just drag their back leg along. They also lost their appetite. For info, I fed...

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Rabbit had baby... Guinea pig problems [ 5 Answers ]

I know u might say your not supposed to keep guinea pigs with rabbits but we do and they get along. My rabbit had babies and we didn't know for a little and once we noticed 2 were dead 2 were badly injured(now dead) and one had a few scratches and a missing ear. OK now there's 2 questions's....

View more questions Search