Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurel28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Are liable for fire if someone visiting with you starts fire
    My neighbours had a house fire that caught my house on fire and left us with damages. We had to pay the detucible of $500. The insurnce says that their insurance will not pay us back due to the fire was starting by a family member that was staying with them and they are not liable. The fire started from a lit smoke in a planter with peetmoss. How do I get my money back it was not my fault, Can I sue the family member?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 01:10 PM
    Yes you can sue the family member, and personally I would sue the home owner who owns the house also, since it was his fire.

Is your insurance not going to sue their insurance,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial building fire, who is liable? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a commercial building owner and my building caught on fire. The fire was cause by cigarettes outside the facility but still on my property ground. I am suspecting it was from my tenants but there's no way to prove who it's from. The fire also damage a retail business building next door. The...

Apartment Fire Below My Daughters, who is liable for her contents ? [ 5 Answers ]

Apartment below my daughters burned and caused Fire/ Smoke damage to all my daughters contents. Her apartment is uninhabitable. She does not have renter's insurance. The apartment manager said they would refer her to the Red Cross. a.) Doesn't. The apartment have the responsibility to...

Inducer starts, but blower/furnace never fire [ 6 Answers ]

My furnace suddenly stopped working today. The thermostat triggers properly, and the inducer fan starts running, but furnace never fires and the blower doesn't come on. If I turn the blower on manually at the thermostat, it runs fine. The furnace is an older Payne/Carrier natural gas/forced air...

View more questions Search