Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tendollar10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
    I told her I like her. Now she isn't ready?
    So this girl who I have known for 3 months made it obvious that she likes me by saying things like, if you asked me out I would seriously say yes! I always joked about it and laughed it off. We see each other 2-3 times a week because we help out at the same place. I asked her if she seriously liked me in that way. And she gave me an answer like this... "I don’t need to tell my future boyfriend that I like him, rather he should have the confidence to ask me out when he wants.... but I’m not ready for a relationship at the moment... maybe in a few months or so..."

So in the past I would look at this and say, when girls make an excuse then you should just walk away... but then the next day I told her I like her... the reason I did was because she opened up and I didn’t want her to feel as though I didn’t like her...

Anyway now she says let’s not ever talk about liking other people ever again... IM SO CONFUSED... I’m more than happy to wait a long time! She has a great personality and is beautiful... however I don’t want to be childish is sticking around only to find that she was never interested...

Should I start to ignore her a bit to see if she starts to chase? Or should I continue to act like I always have where I flirt around with her?
    Bumpsandbruises Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
    She may like you but to what degree, that is the question. She may like you but not enough for a relationship or maybe it is enough but she isn't ready yet, like she said.
    Advice
    - Be confident, as confidence is attractive.
    - Be patient but don't wait too long. Your affection is not dispensible.
    - Timing is important.
    tendollar10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsandbruises View Post
    She may like you but to what degree, that is the question. She may like you but not enough for a relationship or maybe it is enough but she isn't ready yet, like she said.
    Advice
    - Be confident, as confidence is attractive.
    - Be patient but don't wait too long. Your affection is not dispensible.
    - Timing is important.
    You're right, I do lack confidence... ill work on it... ill see how it goes I guess... thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
    She needs courting, so date and talk on the phone. But don't let her walk over you son, and you avoid that by making sure her words and actions match. Before we go further, how old are you both?

Young guys fall easy for the flirty ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend and I love each other but she just told me she's not ready [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm killing myself over this, but I really love this girl, and she loves me, but just this week she told me she's not ready, and said that she took things too fast. So she wanted us to start all over again as friends. But she's to attractive, and I love her. Its hard to be "just...

I was told ALL a/c engine are made by the same factory [ 2 Answers ]

Engine al all a/c made by the same factory?

I don't drive, but a girl in class made it obvious that she likes me [ 11 Answers ]

Well yeah I don't drive and a girl in my class made it obvious in front of the class that she likes me (she didn't say it like that, but you get my story). But I don't know how to drive, and obviously I don't want her to find out, so does anyone know what I should do? By the way this is a one...

Deposit made, apartment not ready [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Alabama. We apparently have no tenant laws here, so it may be that no help is available. Still... I recently made a deposit on an apartment that was not yet ready to rent, but put the deposit down because I was told "the apartment will probably go fast" and "once the deposit is down,...

View more questions Search