Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lch1589 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
    How to tell him how I feel
    Me and my ex broke up a few months ago, and at first he called me crying and blah blah but then we decided not to talk because it would be too hard on both of us. I told him I'd talk to him when I was ready, but then I got scared to ever talk again. About a month later I was almost completely over him and I honestly thought I would never talk to him again.
    THEN he decides to start IMing me, calling me all the time, hanging out. We actually ended up hooking up one time when we were drunk, and it was amazing. He treated me just like he used to. But then we decided that hooking up would make things too complicated so we stopped. We still hang out all the time, and he says he "values our friendship so much". Its been a month since we started talking again, and I'm falling for him again. He always flirts with me, makes stupid excuses to talk to me or hang out, and I am barely ever the one to inititate conversation.
    I like him. And I want him to know that, without making him feel rushed because he might not even want to get back together at all. Is he really okay with being friends? HOW do I let him know I like him, or find out he likes me? I don't want to freak him out! I've tried dropping hints but then I'll just go "oh never mind" and he'll be like "okay?" I wish there was an easier way to find out what he wants! Should I play hard to get? I don't want to turn him away, and I don't want to be desperate or let him know how I feel and give him ALL the control :(
    Please, any advice on addressing this issue or telling whether he has feelings? He sure acts like he does, but he never mentions anything about it. I can't be "just friends", and I don't know what he's trying to do here.. but I know I still like him and I want all or nothing. I'm very willing to be patient.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Feb 25, 2007, 09:26 PM
    First thing don't say you want all or nothing because remember you are having fun right now because there isn't anything defining what you are so be very careful. You broke his heart initially and I don't think playing any games or playing hard to get is a good way to handle it.

You need to be first honest with yourself. THe relationship ended for a reason and you can't hide from that. If you got back in it would it be any different. Ifm you feel things have changed then let him know you would like to start things up again. I mean you have been talking with him for awhile. You need to sit down like mature adults and figure out what you both want out of this. I think he wants to date you but he is hesitant to get his heart broken again
    ainos Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lch1589
    me and my ex broke up a few months ago, and at first he called me crying and blah blah but then we decided not to talk because it would be too hard on both of us. i told him i'd talk to him when i was ready, but then i got scared to ever talk again. about a month later i was almost completely over him and i honestly thought i would never talk to him again.
    THEN he decides to start IMing me, calling me all the time, hanging out. we actually ended up hooking up one time when we were drunk, and it was amazing. he treated me just like he used to. but then we decided that hooking up would make things too complicated so we stopped. we still hang out all the time, and he says he "values our friendship so much". its been a month since we started talking again, and im falling for him again. he always flirts with me, makes stupid excuses to talk to me or hang out, and i am barely ever the one to inititate conversation.
    I like him. and i want him to know that, without making him feel rushed because he might not even want to get back together at all. is he really okay with being friends? HOW do i let him know i like him, or find out he likes me? i dont want to freak him out!! ive tried dropping hints but then i'll just go "oh never mind" and he'll be like "okay?" i wish there was an easier way to find out what he wants!! should i play hard to get? i dont want to turn him away, and i dont want to be desperate or let him know how i feel and give him ALL the control :(
    Please, any advice on addressing this issue or telling whether or not he has feelings? he sure acts like he does, but he never mentions anything about it. i can't be "just friends", and idk what he's trying to do here.. but i know i still like him and i want all or nothing. i'm very willing to be patient.
    From what you described- I think he definitely wants you back- but it is important for you to both try to mend the reasons for your split in the first place and to hoefully re enter the relationship with more maturity
    Lch1589 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 09:56 PM
    But he was the one who dumped me, which is why its really confusing. He broke up with me because I was always picking fights and it was too stressful, even though he truly loved me and was really depressed afterwards. I want to show him that I've learned not to be so immature, because he was such an amazing boyfriend. What do I say to initiate this? Ahhh I'm too nervous, its almost like I don't want to find out
    ainos Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Hi- I think that it is best to let him do the confessing- espicially if he broke it off with you. Just give him some time and if he does not come around, then move on with someone else if you can- but maintain the friendship with him as he wanted and just remain happy and pleasant with him
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Since you both are still confused then go slow and talk honestly with out the burden of a relationship, which neither of you have shown you can handle it. That's why your still broke up, and have never healed, because you haven't separated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I feel [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm need some advice. I'm 21 and I love this girl I meet back in school, we dated for a year, but we went through a lot, that married people got through over there whole married life. We had problems like most people, but she made it seem like everything wrong was my fault. So if we did break up...

I feel nothing.. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sending this passage with the same title again.. Well.. im sending this message just to speak up my mind -which I believe that it's a healthy habit- but like all the healthy habits we don't start considering them until we cross to the other unhealthy-side. Simply.. I noticed that my...

I feel like every one is against me [ 3 Answers ]

I feel like every one is against me what is my problem

How should I feel [ 23 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 6 months now, but recently he has been randomly saying things that are hurtful, he just throws things in when we are having a good conversation. The latest incident is a few days ago we were talking fine and he mentioned he felt smothered I was shoked because we...

Should I tell her how I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

I wrote on here a while ago because my girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm getting better at moving on but I still feel like she is the girl, whenever I feel like I should pull away and totally forget about her I think about how she is perfect for me and it seems like she still likes me. I...

View more questions Search