Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonedoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Eviction of Sister-In-Law in SC
    My sister-in-law and her 2 children have been living with us for almost 2 years. She moved in after losing her job and has not returned to work. She lays around in bed all day and does nothing to help around the house. She receives a $150 child support but has never offered any money to help with expenses. There is no paperwork or rental agreement, this was supposed to be a temperary arrangement until she found a new place. What is required to issue an eviction order on her in SC.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Your sister-in-law has to be treated as a month-to-month tenant. You have to give her a written notice that her tenancy is terminated and she must move out within 30 days. If she hasn't moved out within that time then you have to file a lawsuit for eviction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
    You have to treat her like any renter, ( does not matter she does not pay) you will have to evict her though the court if she does not move out when you give her a 30 day notice to move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister in law [ 27 Answers ]

To give you all a brief idea... my husband and I get on very well with his sister... We live in different countries and a few weeks ago we went to visit his family.. His sister was so excited to see us and meet our little one... She invited us to sleep at her house a few times and we did.. ...

Demanding Sister in Law (brother-in-law wife) [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got engaged to my fiancé his brother's wife has not stopped making comments about me. Initially it was about my weight, which I admit was a problem, but I have since lost it. Then she began talking to my parents about how much more I am getting from the family in wedding presents etc...

My ex sister-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I'll need all the help I can get with this one. My parents wanted to buy a house and because of credit reasons, in trust they had my brother buy the house. My brother turned around and also put his wife's name on title. For many years we were trying to get her to sign the title over to no...

I don't like my sister-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I don't like my sister-in-law:mad:

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search