Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spkaufman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 02:40 PM
    How do I permantly seal jets on a whirlpool tub?
    I have a perfectly good tub not being used because of leaky jets, so I want to permantly seal them and use the tub as a soaking tub.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 20, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spkaufman View Post
    I have a perfectly good tub not being used because of leaky jets, so i want to permantly seal them and use the tub as a soaking tub.
    Try unthreading the nozzle and use a threaded PVC plug that fits the thread pattern and screw the cap in place of the jet nozzle. Use Teflon Tape on the threads. Your local plumbing store should have the PVC plugs, Good luck. Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 20, 2012, 03:51 PM
    If Tom's solution doesn't work, my son, who has a pool and spa company, uses thin Fiberglass discs that they epoxy to the inside of the shell.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
    While the advice given is great you are going to do so much work it may be just easier to repair the leaks since both solution would have you remove the existing jets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What play do the jets use on the jets uncorked wine bottle [ 0 Answers ]

What play do the jets use on the jets uncorked wine bottle

Why do I have chunks of food reminents stuck in the jets of my Whirlpool dishwasher? [ 0 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dishwasher gets food stuck in the water jets on a consistent basis. I have removed both upper and lower spinners and physically cleaned out each and I have also taken out the screen in the bottom and cleaned out underneth it. Another concern I have is We keep getting "sludge" buildup...

Hot tub jets [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a used Pacific hot tub. It works great, but it seems I do a lot of gathering the jets. They pop out and go to the bottom of the tub. The previous owner used bromine, and I am using chlorine. The stray jets have a residue on them coming off, so I clean them try to put them back...

View more questions Search