Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JD2cyliner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
    John Deere 111 lawn mower stalls when blades engage
    This mower starts and runs fine, but when I engage the blades, it stalls. The seat safety switch has been disabled. The belt is on correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 8, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Do you have a "reverse" switch on the unit? Those that do have to disengauge the blades before backing up. If you have one it may be stuck on or there may be debris holding it in the "on" position.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2012, 07:39 PM
    You unit likely has 3 safety switches and please tell us why you are disabling any of them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free john deere 111 mower manual [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere model 111 riding mower with a 28" cut. The drive tran (I believe that is what they call it) that powers the mower has slipped off. 1) How to I replace the belt (diagram ath lets me replace the belt) 2) The belt is old and probably needs replacement. What is the name/part...

Why won't my john deere l130 blades engage [ 3 Answers ]

When pulling the PTO switch on the john deere l130 mower the blades won't engage

John deere riding lawn mower starts, but the lawn mower transmission won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower worked fine, It got a flat tire so I removed the tire and fixed it. I then replaced the tire. The lawn mower will turn on, the blades will engage, but the transmission won't engage. I checked the rod in the back of the lawn mower and it was in. I pulled it out and...

John Deere 318 Lawn tractor ,Mower Blades won't kick in to mow [ 3 Answers ]

:DI have a John Deere 318 been working on for a couple years finally got it going but will not engage the mower blades It used to run good and then it would just shut the blades off. I would let it cool off and start again and it would run the blades for awhile then quit. Now it won't kick in at...

View more questions Search