Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cypher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Skunk Odor / Fallen Drain Pipe
    I am at wits end, and need any advice that can be offered. We recently purchased a pier and beam home, and found main 4" drain line was fallen on ground (who knows how long it had been on ground). I have repaired problem, but I believe prior drainage on ground has caused a musky odor that smells a lot like skunk spray. I have tried bleach and lime to no avail. Please let me know how to get rid of odor.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I have always heard that lime took care of that problem though I have not tried it. Possibly you could use only the lime without the bleach and give it time to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Treating a skunk problem [ 1 Answers ]

We've got several skunks in our apt community. They burrow under the porches. We've tried a variety of things but it is a big battle. I've gone so far as to flood the holes with water in the daytime - thinking I've drowned anything down there - and cemented in the hole, but within a few days...

Shower Drain Odor [ 1 Answers ]

Our guest shower has a sewer odor, and we have repeatedly filled the trap, but odor remains. It drains very fast, so is probably not clogged. Slab house in AZ, is there likely a roof vent for the shower only? Toilet is nearby. Know nothing about vents.

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search