Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaylanotracks Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 07:20 PM
    How do I gain my parents trust back?
    I'm 17 , and just recently my parents somehow found out that I had had sex with my boyfriend who is also 17, and we have been dating for 1 1/2 now . Anyway they now don't trust me anymore and won't let me go anywhere without my sister as a tag a long ! And I can't even walk in my back yard without my mom asking me what I'm doing and where I'm going! What can I do to possibly to earn their trust back?

May 2, 2012, 07:22 PM
    How do I gain my parents trust back?
    I'm 17 , and just recently my parents somehow found out that I had had sex with my boyfriend who is also 17, and we have been dating for 1 1/2 now . Anyway they now don't trust me anymore and won't let me go anywhere without my sister as a tag a long ! And I can't even walk in my back yard without my mom asking me what I'm doing and where I'm going! What can I do to possibly to earn their trust back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Not going to happen very fast. The issue here is you say ( somehow they found out) which means that you were doing something very serious with changes that could effect your entire future. So they were scared, disappointed and sad all at the same time. So don't expect it to come back for a long time.

May 2, 2012, 08:28 PM
    How do I gain it back? What can I do to for them to semi-trust me again?

May 2, 2012, 08:32 PM
    I'm scared because I really don't want to disappoint my parents I love them so much I want to show them that I was wrong and that I'm sorry and prove to them that I will never do it again but I feel like they are dissapionted in me too much already ! Is there a way to prove that I care and want to turn my life around ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 2, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Have you asked them?

May 2, 2012, 08:50 PM
    My parents would just tell me I'll have to figure it out because if they tell me then I wouldn't be learning anything
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 2, 2012, 08:56 PM
    You haven't tried?
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

May 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
    Its not that they don't trust you. It's that they are really really really scared for your future. Sex isn't a plaything with no consequences. They are just trying to protect you from a horrid future if something were to go wrong.

The only way I see to win back their trust is to be extremely open with them. Start sharing your life with them, how your day was, and such stuff. Be and show that you are a responsible girl.

It will be tough and will take time. But gaining their trust back will be worth the effort.
    koko24124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 06:33 PM
    My parents recently found a pregnancy box I hid(stupid idea not to throw it away) and yeah at first they were PISSED well not really the pregnancy box but the fact that I lied to them about having sex. I'm 15 my boyfriend is 17 my mom was 17 when she gave birth to my older brother who's 19now. Its been day3now since they screamed at me and all that happened and you know what my parents are back to being very nice and normal again. They did at first say me and Scott are done. But after a few hours of us calming down I told them exactly what I felt what I need. I said I NEED to hear him and talk to him and see him. I need to have some contact some relation with him. They understand exactly what I feel about him. Now were talking about a 15and 17year old whose been in and out of the mental hospitals. But they finally understand what we've felt. Why we were there. They listen now. You need to talk to your parents maybe just your mom alone in her room and you know shell tell you dad at night what you guys talked about and exactly how you feel and from her telling him hell understand. It'd be a lot better. It will take some time. Okay. But. Everything will turn out fine. I promise. :) >email address removed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gaining My Parents Trust Back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18, a freshmen in college, and just recently my parents have given me a curfew for when I come home on breaks, a 10 o'clock curfew on weeknights and midnight on weekends! And here's the reason why - during the thanksgiving break they saw me talking to my ex boyfriend, who they hate, in the...

How Can I Get Back The Trust From My Parents ? [ 2 Answers ]

HeLoo Am New So Am Not Really Sure How All This Works :) The Problem Is I Have Been Really Naughty And BAdly Behaved In The Past For My Parents And I was Just Wondering How I Could Get There Respect Back And Also Trust ? X

How to gain trust back [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how you can earn your trust back from a loved one To cut a long story short I cheated on him a few times 3 times that is but every time I have had a drink and didn't mean to hurt him and I talks to family that he hates I really do love him we have a daughter together and I...

How to get parents trust back [ 1 Answers ]

So my parents found out I drink and now pretty much they're treating me like the worst person who ever lived. I understand drinking is against the law if your under 21, and I'm not even going to lie, it's the funnest thing I've ever done. However with things the way they are now, the only thing...

How do I get my parents trust back? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my boyfriend had sex, he's 13, and I'm 14 my parents found out and my mom ended my relationship with my boyfriend. My parents do not trust me.. How can I earn their trust back? :confused:

View more questions Search