Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jthgroove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Mother deceased, am I entitled to any money?
    Never mind, apparently children in need should be ASHAMED of themselves for asking their surviving parent for financial help. I guess their grief is of no importance, their lives have not been altered in any way, and the surviving parent should be allowed to frivolously spend the retirement wages of the deceased. Maybe, just maybe, he'll spend it on getting married in vegas less than a year after her death, to a woman that was a threat to their marriage when she was alive. Maybe his son who has asbergers, will go on driving his rickety car to work and come home with barely enough money to pay for groceries, because he is paying for his fiancee's chemotherapy. Maybe his daughter will go on paying for her own schooling without receiving any help from our parents. Maybe, just maybe, the catholic church thinks it's acceptable to judge people from their ivory towers without having any actual information on the situation. And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR JUDGING SOMEONE WHO IS IN NEED, OR IS THAT COMMON FOR YOU WHEN YOU SPEND DONATIONS ON YOUR LUXURY CAR PAYMENTS?

Sincerely,

Jthgroove
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
    It belongs to your Father, unless there was a will that stipulated how the insurance money was to be divided. Insurance money goes to the one designated on the policy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
    If the life insurance listed him as the beneficiary, then it is not part of the estate, and only he gets that money and does not have to tell you anything about it, period, none of your business.

If the life insurance did not list a beneficiary, then it went into the estate and would have to be divided by state law.
    I am not sure how Arizona does it, but it is still very possible he just gets it all anyway.

So legally you don't get anything most likely and should feel ashamed trying to get your dads money from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I entitled any of the property value should we divorce [ 3 Answers ]

My husband inherited a house a year before we married. Since then we have added me onto the title and remortgaged the property. Am I entitled to any of it should we divorce?

Is Realtor entitled to Commission [ 7 Answers ]

Contract with Realtor expired. I advertised and conducted my own open house. A few days later, I resigned with Realtor - excluding 2 couples (that I showed the house to). At time of resigning Realtor told me that the couples had 2 weeks to put in an offer. Timeframe is not on the contract but the...

Liable for debt of deceased mother [ 7 Answers ]

My mother has recently passed away, leaving an outstanding loan. The bank have said that my brothers and I must pay the balance of £4700. However, there is no money in my mothers estate and so we would have to pay this ourselves. Are we liable for payment or should the bank write the debt off?

View more questions Search