Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patriciavoerner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Mobile home purchase -- Michigan
    I and an ex-fiance purchased a mobile home via a chattel or a personal loan in Michigan. He filed bankruptcy a year ago and I did not file as a creditor, or someone who has an outstanding loan with him. He has moved out, leaving us with a loan that I can not afford to pay. Should I walk away, leaving myself open for foreclosure and likely garnishment. What is the expected procedure if I don't pay on the personal loan, or how much time before I am evicted ? Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 04:03 AM
    What was his filing on the loan? Was it reafirmed or was it dismissed ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossesion laws in Michigan [ 7 Answers ]

My mother-in-law was in the hospital for over a month. She's now home but will not be going back to work as she is very ill with cancer. She has a mobile home in Michigan in a mobile home park. She has a title to the mobile home. She had a small social security payment and gets monthly from her...

Mobile/Manufactured home foreclosure in Michigan [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, All, My friend has decided to leave her mobile home and move in with her boyfriend. She purchased her mobile home in 2003, lost her job three months later, and got another job which she has had for seven years. Unfortunately, she has never quite been able to recoup from those three months...

Mobile Home Foreclosure in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently living in a family members mobile home in Michigan that they have not been paying on. I only pay lot rent and have no contract with anyone regarding the arrangements. Recently I found out that maybe a little over 2 months ago the mobile home went into foreclosure. I don't know all...

Purchase of repossed mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a mobile home from Small Business Administration(SBA) which they said had been repossed. However, when I received the title it was still in the original owners name and was not signed by the sellers All that SBA had done was release the lien. The original owner has relocated...

Purchase of repossessed mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a mobile home that had been repossessed by a bank and removed from a lot in a mobile home park and placed in a storage yard. When I went to have the mobile home relocated to a new park I was denied possession until I paid $3,000.00 to the storage yard. This represented fees that were...

View more questions Search