Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrittanyAnn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Is my apartment haunted?
    Ever since me and my boyfriend have moved into our apartment I have felt very uneasy.. like something is watching me. I hear strange noises that I cannot explain. Like one night I had a water bottle that was almost empty laid on its side and just as I started dozing off I heard the plastic bottle hitting the side of a cup sitting beside it. I laid there with my eyes still closed listening, trying to think what could be causing it and when I rolled over to look the noise stopped. I thought it could possibly be a draft, but the vent is on the other side of the room and is in the floor. The air couldn't be strong enough to hit the bottle with water in it and cause it to roll back and forth. I pushed on it to re-create the sound of the bottle hitting the cup and it matched. Another morning I was sleeping on the couch and heard a knocking coming from the kitchen. I ignored it and rolled over trying to doze off, but the noise would not stop. I got up to check the source of the knocking but it stopped instantly. I have no idea what it was. It was for sure coming from my kitchen. Early one morning, about 6am I was wacthing t.v. and I felt something touch my knee. I was an unusual tingling feeling and pressure like something bushed up against me or placed a hand on me. There have been a couple mornings that I have woken up, but still been asleep, if you can understand. Like I'm awake in side, but not physically. It sounds crazy but its true and a really scary feeling. The first time I opened my eyes and couldn't move and felt something pushing down on my chest and I saw a shadow walk behind my head past a window. The second time was this morning, I was dreaming of a little boy but he was dead. His spirit was standing in the center of a road, and I felt as if he wanted to hurt me. I know these things sound strange and like I might be crazy.. but I have never believed in any of this stuff until now. What does all of this stuff sound like to you? Just for some background info my apartment complex is fairly old.. it was built in 1973. Someone please offer some insight?
    kevinash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Hi Brittany -

Looking at the strange things that has happened to you, I think that it might be haunted, or whatever people call it.. I honestly don't believe in the paranormal.. but sometimes you don't have answers for these type of things… For me these things have happened in the apartment that I used to live in.. But not now.. not anymore…

To have a peace of mind I think the best solution is to shift apartments.. because this will only drive you nuts.. and we don't want that 

Any way relax... start hunting for apartments and most importantly tell your boyfriend about it..

Cheers.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Please stop posting the same question.

People have posted that they moved and spirits followed them.

Would you consider someone in the relgiious community who is willing to give an opinion?
    BrittanyAnn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 01:09 PM
    We cannot move, where we are from you have to be 21 to legally be able to sign a lease, but since my boyfriend is 20 the land lady let us move in, and she has no more available at the moment. I am really wondering if these occurrences sound paranormal or not. Moving is not an option for us. I am new to this website and didn't know there was a paranormal section when I posted the question the first time, and I wasn't sure my question would be answered if it was under a different category. I don't know very many people here yet because I am new to the state so I don't have anyone to talk to besides my boyfriend and he thinks someone may have died here, but I don't know where I can find that information.
    kevinash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Have you ever had this kind or a similar kind of incident happen to you ever before?

Sometimes all of this can be a misinterpretation.. and we sometimes misunderstand these kind of things..

Did these weird things happen to your BF too?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2012, 03:01 PM
    You can find the info at the library - ask a librarian for old newspapers, that sort of thing.

I'm not a "paranormal believer" BUT that having been said I see very sincere posts such as yours on AMHD all the time, many of which defy an explanation.

There is an expert who posts. Let me see if she's around.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 5, 2012, 03:47 PM
    I am always skeptical when it comes to noises in an apartment building. It can just be too many things. However, you feel touched, watched and interfered with and that could lend some credibility to your claim. Are you comfortable talking to a church about this?
    ha2oon Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Apr 5, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Hay! This happened to me as well. I was feeling things moving in the house. One time, I woke up at the middle of the night to drink water when the blender was turned on like that without me touching it. I was so scared. The more I thinke about it the more it terrifies me and the more I start noticing other weird things happening. But then I thought to myself that I needed to do something about it. I had to believe in god and his power. We have to believe in god. He is the one to protect us. Your heart will grow stronge if you put your trust in him. He will be watching your back. Don't forget praying to god everyday. In return, God will not forget you. There is no better then god to put you trust in. If you do that, nothing will ever scare you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my apartment haunted or am I losing my mind? [ 34 Answers ]

Hey there everyone, Over the past few days, strange things have been happening in my apartment that I moved into about a month and a half ago. Appliances turn on and off by themselves... it started with the DVD player - at first I thought maybe our DVD player had some loose wiring since it was...

Is my apartment haunted or am I portal that ghost can contact me? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a bit confused, I just moved in to apartment with my boyfriend. Well just the other night I got up to get a drink of milk and as I was standing there drinking my milk I hear a girls voice and I vaguely remember what her face looked like but she said,"Do you want me to check to see if anyone is...

Is my mothers apartment haunted? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My mother has been expriencing some weird thing in her home. Carseats have been falling out of her clolset, her lamps have been going from light to medium to high to off... her television has had some weird black lines of it from time to time she collects caresols and sometimes they will...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search