Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    actionbasic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 10:46 AM
    91 Honda Civic Overheating? Engine Cool, Gauge High.
    Hi all,

Need some serious help. I've been having some erratic temp gauge issues for about a month now. The heat would be hot and cold a bit. Then the top radiator hose blew out... fixed that, replaced the back hose as well. Filled and bled the system for about an hour (not sure if its right) and now when I drive the temp gauge goes up to the top and the radiator overflow is bubbling. BUT! When I pulled over to let it cool down I put my hand on the engine and it was cool. HELP!! Also, when the temp gauge goes up and the overflow starts bubbling the car gets sluggish and starts to sputter until I get going. Any help woulod be great.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Sounds like you may need to replace the thermostat. Do you have any indication of water pump failure? Do you have mineral buildup that's blocking the radiator. If so, get it rodded or replaced. Remember to always use 50/50 mixture of the recommended antifreeze and distilled water.

Hopefully, reading this should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

92 honda civic lx overheating [ 3 Answers ]

My honda civic is overheating and water is bubbling into the overfill tank, and then leaking out. I already replaced radiator and thermostat and there seems to be no pressure from the lower radiator hose to the thermostat. The electric fan fails to come on when temperature is high. Replaced...

Honda Civic overheating problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello guys.I have changed the engine on my car,and after this the new engine overheats(when I puted the new engine I took all the parts off and cleaned and substituted all the things).So,it was overheating and overheating,and the ventilator didn't switch on,I tried it directly with a battery,and it...

Honda Civic 1.6ESi engine overheating [ 2 Answers ]

Hello,today I was driving the car,and suddenly the temperature thing on the panel went up,so I decided to stop,when I stopped,I opened the hood and I saw some anti-frize trowing from the deposit next to radiator(the 1 that is connected with 1 small tube with radiator),so,I waited about 30...

93 Civic EX 4dr Check Engine Light, no codes, overheating [ 7 Answers ]

I own a 93 civic ex 4dr (all stock) and have had a check engine light problem with my vehicle ever since I got it back from the mechanic. The original problem was the main relay which I had figured and resoldered but the other problem behind it was the black/yellow cable going from the main relay...

View more questions Search