Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sashamarar Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Honda Civic 1.6ESi engine overheating
    Hello,today I was driving the car,and suddenly the temperature thing on the panel went up,so I decided to stop,when I stopped,I opened the hood and I saw some anti-frize trowing from the deposit next to radiator(the 1 that is connected with 1 small tube with radiator),so,I waited about 30 minutes,and continued my way to go home,I maybe passed 2 km or 3 km,which is about 1,5-2,0 miles,and the engine temperature went up like in 5 seconds.so I stopped again waited till the engine gets cooled a bit,and got some water for the radiator.after that there was no problem till I drove home,but 1 thing that I saw was that my ventilator didn't work,I saw all the fuses,but I can't test the ventilator relay,so my questions are this:
    -1. How can I test my ventilator relay and everything that has got to do with it ?
    -2. Is it common to happen in Honda Civic cars that this relay brakes(once the main relay is Mitsuba,the ventilator relay is also mitsuba,and I just replaced my main relay)
    -3. How can I test if my ventilator works or not ?
    -4. Is there some way that I can see what's happening with a car ?
    -5. If I'll switch my ECM to throw the codes,will it trow any code ?(seems no problems,the "Check Engine light" goes on and off after 2 seconds)

P.S: It already happened to me like 3 days ago,but then the ventilator worked,and it got cold,so maybe my vantilator relay fails some times ?like 1 time it works and other times it won't? Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks.Sasha:(

UPDATES: Today(the next day),I tested the ventilator with a jumper wires,and it worked,I waited till the car warms up and went to have a little ride,when I came home,parked the car,and left it for about 1 minute working on idle,the ventilator started to work by itself.So,what could be the problem ?radiator dirty inside ?the ventilator relay fails ?what would you advice to me please... thanx
    procivickid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Did u change the thermostat recently? Did u cheak if you had any antifrezze/coolant in the radiator
    sashamarar Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Of course I've checked the thermostat,when I puted the new engine it only started to happen(was like 1 month ago),before that it didn't have a thermostat,but it also didn't warm up.And YES,there was an anti-freeze enough,I've checked it 3 or 4 days before,may the radiator be dirty ?or the ventilator relay failure ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

92 honda civic lx overheating [ 3 Answers ]

My honda civic is overheating and water is bubbling into the overfill tank, and then leaking out. I already replaced radiator and thermostat and there seems to be no pressure from the lower radiator hose to the thermostat. The electric fan fails to come on when temperature is high. Replaced...

I have a problem with my Honda Civic 1.6 ESi [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I have the next problem: When I start up my car,the injection pumps the gas onto 8 atmospheres,and then the "engine check" light goes off. I start driving the car,and on 3,500 or 4 000 RPM the engine cuts off,the car starts to shake,the "check engine" light appears,and there is some...

92 Honda Civic LX engine problem. [ 2 Answers ]

Someon please answer this question. I just got to work and my "check engine", "battery" and "coolent" lights came on and my car just stopped and wouldn't go any further. What is going on?? I just had an oil change 3 days ago and filled my car with gas 20 min. before this happened. HELP! I'm stuck...

93 Civic EX 4dr Check Engine Light, no codes, overheating [ 7 Answers ]

I own a 93 civic ex 4dr (all stock) and have had a check engine light problem with my vehicle ever since I got it back from the mechanic. The original problem was the main relay which I had figured and resoldered but the other problem behind it was the black/yellow cable going from the main relay...

View more questions Search