Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nebskers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Crooked Drain Pipe into Caulkless Drain
    I recently installed a new shower pan and the drain pipe comes into the Oatey caulkless drain at a slight angle. The rubber ring fits over the pvs pipe and I am able to tighten down the compression ring. Am I okay or do I have a potential problem??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
    If the raiser isn't cocked too severe and you don't see any moisture when you drain you should be OK. The only problem that might arise in the future is if the shower base isn't bedded properly and gives when you step in it. This could put a strain on the gasket. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Setting a toilet on a crooked pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am about to install a toilet in my basment. But the PVC waste pipe coming up through the concrete and subfloor is not perfectly level... it is cocked just a bit. Its not coming out at a 45-degree angle or anything... just slightly off perpendicular. I imagine (hope) that once I cement the...

Help me with my Drain Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I had ceramic tile installed in an upstairs bathroom and a laundry room last week. I removed the toilet from upstairs bathroom and a washer and dryer from the laundry room on the main floor prior to installation. I put the toilet back on this week and reconnected the washer and dryer in the...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search