Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandapoch Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Mar 21, 2012, 09:29 AM
    Understanding my Hematology results
    Well, unfortunately it's not even that simple of a scenario. Here is the gist...

I am a liver transplant recipient from Autoimmune Chronic Active Hepatitis. It's been 6 years since my transplant in 2006 (when I was 26 years old) and I've just been advised that my disease has become active again and I'll require another transplant in approximately 5 years. They came of this from when I thought I had a hernia where in fact I had a blood clot between my spleen and my liver... not yet reaching the portal vein. Phew! I am taking deltaparin (an injectible blood clot buster daily) and warafin (7mg daily). I am also taking anti-rejection medication.

With the blood clot, I am being sent to get blood work done daily to test my INR and PTT. I have attached a short comparison from blood work I had done on March 8, 2012 compared to my recent blood work done March 20, 2012. I don't expect it to be too serious for if it was my transplant doctors would be on me in a second and I know I can ask them pretty much anything. However, I'd just like some insight as to what other people in the know think.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Blood.xls (21.0 KB, 146 views)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
    I think it is both foolish and dangerous for anyone who is NOT medically trained to give you an opinion. I have some knowledge of blood work, reading it, comparing it, but not enough to post an opinion.

If you are concerned about your Physicians, find new Physicians!

Great news that you received a transplant, great news inideed.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Other than your platelets being at a critical low level, I don't see much that seriously concerns me as a nurse. You do have some other low levels, but they are not low enough to be concerning.
    Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I take that back after comparing the dates again. Your WBC (white blood count) has dropped dramatically which could be indicative of several things. One is a simple viral infection, another is cancer, and finally a recurrence of your autoimmune disorder.
    Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amandapoch View Post
    Maybe my platelets are seriously low due to my blood thinners. hmmm.
    Had I known that in the beginning...

You see, it's important to post ALL information in order to get a proper response. ;) What blood thinners are you taking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

Understanding drug test results. [ 1 Answers ]

I failed a probation drug test - I tested positive for thc. I have not been using. PO sent test to lab for confirmation. I went to doctor and got my own urine and blood tests. Received the results. None detected in blood. However there was something detected in urine, but I don't know what it...

Not understanding AVG Virus Scan results [ 9 Answers ]

I'm scanning a laptop HD that's plugged into my computer here at work as an external. So far (it's not done yet), here is where it's at. As you can see, it says "no threats found yet". ... so what are those two .dll files with "Change" indicated under the "Result/Infection" column? Thanks!

View more questions Search