Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BoostEDEH2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Surging when warm
    I've got a 94 integra and when it gets warm it starts surging. I've replaced the iacv(calmed it down but did not get rid of it), checked vac lines, reset the idle, don't have a fitv, Coolant is good and bleed/full, and it's a new ecm. This problem has been with the car for some time now. I've had several different motors/ecu's in it and they all did it. I'm thinking it might be something in the wiring but I'm not sure and I've checked the wires going to the iacv and they all seem to being working as intended. Any input?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
    I would replace the igniter. The following link explains my reasoning:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post260436

Feb 25, 2007, 06:18 PM
    One more q, I said I checked all vac line. What if there was a leak in the manifold gasket or throttle body gasket? Would the surging be all the time or just when warm like its doing? I'm asking because the lines are fine but when I turn the idle screw all the way down the idle still is almost 900 when according to the haynes man it says your sappose to set it at like 700 so there must be un metered air from somewhere right?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 06:25 PM
    1. Have you checked compression in each cylinder?
    2. Have you hooked up a strobe light and checked the ignition timing?
    3. Have you checked the oxygen sensor. It sounds like the problem emerges when the engine warms up and the oxygen sensor goes off "open loop" mode.

Feb 25, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Yup comps fine(only have 400 miles on the motor), timings fine , o2's brand new. Cold it revs fine and driving its fine, its only when its warm and idleing. It's a freakin ghost

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Surging [ 11 Answers ]

My upstairs bathroom toilet sounds like it is surging on a regular basis. The water level is appropriate. Why is it doing this and how can I make it stop?

Surging noise in water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When ever we turn on the water (i.e. kitchen sink, faucets) or flush a toilet there is a surging sound. Doesn't seem to do this when the washer is running thought. We live in a 1 year old house and are worried about our pipes. Seems to have gotten worse. The loudest is the mater toilet on the...

Civic surging [ 1 Answers ]

Well I just put a different engine into my 91 civic dx I just swaped all of the bolt on thing distributer alt. the intake manafold and it starts but when it idels it surges really bad don't know what it is

Why warm-up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it important to do a warm-up before exercising? I was told that it is important to get more oxygen before we start exercising. If this is true, can we use breathing techniques to get more oxygen instead of a warm-up?

91 Honda Civic surging at idle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 91 Honda Civic DX, the engine surges around 500rpm (guessing) at an idle, seems to get worse in hot weather. Car runs great other than that but after reading other post I'm sure I will be replacing my master relay soon! I have had times when the car would not start, I just cycle the key...

View more questions Search