Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwayne50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Beach Fan Limit Switch
    Have a gas Beach furnace with fan limit switch issues. First time the blower would not shut off and blew cold air in the end. Replaced fan limit switch and it worked for a month and then did the same thing. Next time it lasted for nearly a year and same thing over. Now with a new one it works and doesn't work. In any of the cases when it wouldn't shut off, I would tap it and the blower would shut off. Furnace guys are bewildered as am I.
    It is a Beach furnace, serial 19250, model xgp70.
    Temperature inside and out doesn't seem to matter.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Check for air flow restrictions, and get a measurement of the incoming and outgoing air temereature. Check this against the nameplate rating. This should point you in the right direction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help understanding the operation of a fan limit switch. What's the sequence of operation of this object. And how do one troubleshoot this part to determine if it's performing as it should. Thanks!:confused:

What are the temperature settings for a fan limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30+ year old forced air furnace. Currently, when the thermostat is turned up to call for more heat, the burners ignite normally. When the heat exchanger-HE- gets to temperature (which seems to take a long time) the fan switches on normally. HERE'S WHRE THE PROBLEM STARTS The fan...

Replacing a fan limit control switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York gas furnace that is about 18 years old. The fan is blowing continuously. Tried to replace the thermostat and it didn't correct the problems. I am assuming the fan limit control switch is bad. Can I replace it myself? It is a Honeywell switch. Should I remove it and take it with me to...

Limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

What is a "limit switch" for a central heating unit? And is it expensive to replace?

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search