Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lousilvestro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 10:12 AM
    I have an Amana 80+ furnace.
    When the temperature reaches the desired setting, the gas burners turn off as they should, however the fan continues to run and blows cold air. The temperature dips well below the thermostat setting, but the burners do not turn back on and the fan continues to run. I also notice a flashing red light. I can only get the burners to come back on by turning off the power to the furnace and turning it back on.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 19, 2007, 12:16 PM
    The flashing light is a fault code , look for a label to explain the codes and take the corrective action.

Power interruption reboots the logic chip on the board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am having so much trouble, trouble shooting my furnace, I have a Amana Furnace, I noticed that the Burner is not staying long enough for the heat to blow through the vent. This is my observation, once adjusted the temp desired in the thermostat, the burner on the furnace...

My Amana 80 High Efficiency Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Can anybody tell me if my Amana 80 SSE furnace has a Thermalcouple? My furnace started cutting out last night and I started asking around and a couple people told me that's what might be the problem. Someone else told me that my type of furnace doesn't have a Thermalcouple, but...

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I misplace the wiring diagram and installation manual for my Amana Furnace. Any chance someone, website may have a good source for that: Mod # GUCO70B40A, Serial # 9110104173, Mfg # P9114303F Suggestions for a fix would be appreciated also: Having problems starting. The igniter works fine...

Amana Forced Air Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old furnace does not come on when the thermostat indicates that it should: i.e. 2 degrees below the ambient room temperature. I have set it for 72 degrees but it gets as low as 64 degrees before it will finally come on. I have replaced the thermostat with a brand new honeywell...

Old Amana furnace needs new blower [ 7 Answers ]

Happy to be here. Two part question- I own an old Amana "Air Command" gas fired forced hot hir furnace. Model # GHE140DJ-4. It's circa 1979. Blower is 2-speed, capacity is listed @ 112000 BTU /hr. The fan would not come on during auto, but I managed to make it spin under "on" position by spinning...

View more questions Search