Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djscottymiami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Tecumseh Snow King LH318SA Hard Cold Start
    Tecumseh Snow King LH318SA on a Craftsman snowblower.

To get this motor to start in colder temperatures I have to use the electric start and while the motor is turning, push down the primer bulb. As soon as I touch the primer bulb it starts no problem. If I prime it ahead of time, then use the electric start, it won't start no matter how long I use the starter. As soon as I push the primer once, it starts and runs fine.

The problem seems to be worse in colder weather. If I put the blower in a heated shop (or put a heater under it). It starts quite easily. I always use fresh gas.

Does anyone have any ideas before I bring it into the shop? Thanks.
    IrisLively Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 06:53 AM
    .where does the auger spring connect to on a Tecumseh snow king snow blower? Picture or drawing would help or detailed description .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-attach cord on tecumseh snow king recoil starter [ 11 Answers ]

My cord to the recoil starter on my snowblower broke at the base. I have unbolted the starter from the engine and brought it inside. It is looking like I have to take apart the unit just to push the cord into its slot as there is very little finger room to work with. The starter is on an 11...

My Tecumseh LH195SP Snow Thrower will not turn off [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman / Tecumseh Snow King 4-Cycle Snow Thower (Model LH195SP), which I've owned and operated, without a problem for the past 5 years. Last week I used the Snow-blower, and it did its job, as usual... until I tried to turn it off. It would only reduce to a low-idle, but would not...

Old Tecumseh Snow Blower Engine Parts [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find parts for my Tecumseh snow blower engine? I cannot find the model number anywhere on it and I am kind of lost at this point. I looked on the web with no luck. The snow blower itself was built in 1975 but the engine was replaced sometime in the 80’s. She still...

Tecumseh Snow Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I am new to the community and would appreciate any help you might be able to give to me! I have a Tecumseh Snow Blower and just today had a problem with the Auger. I went to press the handle down for the snow to come out and there was a terrible skreeching sound, and it did not throw any...

Sears Snow Blower 5.0 hp Tecumseh Engine Problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears model number 536.88521200 snow blower. It is a two cycle with manual and electric start. After I run it for 10 minutes or so, the engine revs up to full r.p.m.. It:s almost like the acclerator is stuck. It still runs fine but I am afraid the engine will burn out. I shut it down, it...

View more questions Search