Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilymkpf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 11:41 PM
    My girl friend's boyfriend is closer to me than my girl friend.
    He admitted he likes me and loves me and compares me to his girlfriend. However, I don't want any relationship with him. I just want us to be best friends. And I want him to tell his GF (my friend) how close we are to each other. But that of course will be a big question to her, knowing I am not really her close friend, and we're not even in the same college, and I met her boyfriend through alumni gathering 2 years ago. What am I going to do? Please help..
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
    You can't control his actions, but you can control yours.

If you just see him as a friend, then just be his friend and don't over think things. But if you see him as more than a friend, then you're better off keeping some distance from him to be fair to their relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
    I think you better back off this one as a friendship will be very awkward if he wants more behind his girl friends back. I think you are pushing things to far. His agenda and motives don't even come close to matching what you want, and cheaters make lousy friends. I mean is obvious isn't it, he doesn't want you to meet his girl friend so take the hint, and back off.

Plus you should avoid confusion and drama and leave another girls fellow alone.
    Ilymkpf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 09:43 PM
    Thank you very much! I did ask him to not contact me already. I also deleted my twitter and Facebook account so I can "get a life" of my own, and get rid of him. I know it's hard, but its going to be harder if I let things go farther... And I didn't realize that until the time we admitted our true mutual feelings for each other.. And it's very unfair for his girlfriend knowing I'm interacting with his guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend got a new girl friend? [ 3 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread Me and my boyfriend were really close, but we always fought because of trust issues, and we would always break up. But now he got a new girlfriend, and I got suspended out of school because I tried to fight her. We haven't talked in two weeks and I miss him so much....

Boy meets girl, girl has boyfriend. Girl cheats with Boy then Girl breaks up with boyfriend. Lost? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl last May after I had gone through a bad breakup myself, but I knew I wasn't ready and even though every fibre of my being wanted to be with her I restrained myself. She is a lovely soul upbeat and we had so much in common: cheesy, smart, good senses of humor, open hearted, etc We...

Girl friend sees me more as a friend then boyfriend.just read it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone one Well I'm 21 almmost 22 and I had a stupid car accident 4 yrs ago... I was racing some kid in his mustang.. for $$300 my car was hit by a semi truck and then fliped 4 times and went in a ditch don't RACE lost my best friend like that... had broken ribs.. and got a concuison.. broke...

Boyfriend says its only his girl/friend should I believe him ? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were having sex when his phone was going off many times ,so I told him just to answer it .I asked him who it was just because I was curious .He told me it was a girl he had meet long time ago and that they talk all the time .To be honest that turned me off and I really didn't...

View more questions Search