Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wife_2 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
    Ok, is there anything he can do to cancel the lien? He is going to the child support office, will he be able to change the out come. Daughter will be going with him to verify she no longer lives with her, will that help?

Jan 29, 2012, 12:44 PM
    His son emancipated his self per my husbands legal advisor. The amount they placed a lien is 4 times more than monthly child suppor. How do they figure the amount?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
    He needs to go to the child support office and apologize for not informing them of the change in status. He can tell them that he thought his ex was going to do it. Bringing the daughter will probably not help there. He should bring a statement from his employer that they will be forwarding the amount monthly. If possible with an estimate of what the amount would be. They may, however, require a court order to make any modification.

When he goes to court for the support modification, then he brings the daughter and proof of the son's emancipation. This will be used to modify future payments.

Jan 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
    He had gotten legal advice to take his daughter to verify that she didn't live with he mother, but with boyfriend. This was to avoid legal cost.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
    I don't know who gave you this advice, but I don't agree with it. The agency is charged with enforcing a court order. Until the court order is changed they can't do anything about it. They won't care whether the ex was entitled to the support or not. They will just tell you to go to court to change the order. So I don't understand what bringing the daughter will accomplish.

Jan 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support lien [ 2 Answers ]

My husband owes about $7,000 in back child support. He just got a letter informing him that he now has a child suppot lien on his name. We don't know what that means. We are trying everything we can. Work is very slim here. What can he do?

Child Support lien [ 7 Answers ]

I have a child support lien against me and it is keeping me from buying a home; how can I get this lien off me and I am paying my child support on time and I have not missed a payment since I began paying and I do not intend to stop paying but it is hurting me credit wise because it keep coming up....

Charging lien vs child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

In 1997 when I divorced I was given the marital house to live in until our child turned 18. My ex's attorneys put a charging lien for fees on my (ex's interest) of the marital home. When our child turns 18 I was to sell the house and my ex had to pay me all that he owes me and we were to split any...

Child support lien notice [ 10 Answers ]

On Thursday aug/14/08 had a advance notice of lien on my child support case here in Virginia, and on aug/16/08 try to use my atm card to get some money and not able to, try to pay gas with my credit card and same situation, now here here I'm with 400 dollars cash and unemployed waiting a hearing...

Child Support Lien [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filing a Child Support Lien in Texas? The amount owed in arreage is over $10,000. Thank you.

View more questions Search