Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdsymer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Ceiling fan switch #E116997
    Where can I purchase Part #E116997 for my ceiling fan?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Brand and model would help us greatly.
    jdsymer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
    The part # E116997 is made by Well Tech. It also has written on the part "3A 250 vac" "6A 125 Vac" and in the bottom right hand corner of the switch has "WTC 1" written.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Thanks but I was asking about the brand of fan and model. Most fan manufacterors put their fans together using many 3rd party parts. When we look them up for replacement we don't reach back to the 3 rd party, just stay with who put their name on the box
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Jan 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
    As an FYI, if you know the part #, just type it into any search engine and see what comes up. I did a quick search & found several places on line that sell this part. Although there are a number of different makers of fans, the fans for the most part are generic and many of the different brands use the same parts.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 05:22 PM
    See this post from 5 years ago. Some things never change.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...tch-99037.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a well tec e116997 ceiling fan switch? [ 4 Answers ]

Yes I am one of many who broke the ceiling fan switch for a casablanca fan. The switch is a well tec e116997 & the wire colors that connected to this switch were Black, yellow , green, and blue. can anyone here help in the wiring sequence?

Need to replapull chain switch, e116997 but need to know how to get the 4 wires of [ 0 Answers ]

Pull chain switch, e116997 but need to know how to get the 4 wires of the old one.

Well Tec Switch,e116997, [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a how to assemble reference on the well tec e116997 ceiling fan swithch?

Swapping Dual Light Switch for Dimmer/Three Position Switch for Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to swap out a dual switch for a switch that has a dimmer for the ceiling fan light and a three position switch to control the fan. The original wiring had white to white on switch, black to black on switch, and one black from light connected to the top switch pole and the other black...

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

View more questions Search