Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kchapquestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Replacing a 3-speed pull chain switch with labels L,1,2,3 on switch.
    The wires from the fan are white, brown, purple, and gray. Which ones go where on the switch?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 10, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Brand and model of the fan would help as would the exact replacement switch info. Is this an OEM switch?
    NATHANIEWL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    brand and model of the fan would help as would the exact replacement switch info. Is this an oem switch?
    No

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Pull chain 3 speed fan switch [ 0 Answers ]

The chain pulled out of my neighbors ceiling fan switch. Her son-in-law took the switch out. Of course he didn't label the wires. I need to know if anyone recognizes the color code for the switch. The fan has no light and is three speed. There is a removable connection with nine wires. The...

Ceiling fan not working correctly after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced the pull chain switch but it is only going to High/Low speeds.. won't shut off. Guessing I have the wiring wrong but I have different color wires then most other post. Any help would be appreciated. My fan has Black, Red, White and Yellow wires to be placed into the switch.

Diagram on replacing three speed switch on pull chain fan motor? [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing three speed switch on pull chain fan motor. It has L,1,2,3 with black,black,white and red wires. I know that the L goes with black and 1 black again 2 red and white goes with I'm I right or wrong.

Replacing a pull chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you! Willow

View more questions Search