Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paddypullen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
    What workout?
    I am in the middle of an inactive winter compared to my active summers and have put on a winter coat of fat! I'm joining a gym tomorrow and want to know what equipment/workout plan I should be using to burn as much fat as possible. I don't want to be chunky but am also very impatient and like to see results fast!! Any tips?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 05:39 AM

Big compound lifts using free weights. These are tough, but work.

As a trainer to put together a plan based on squats, bench press, deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts, lunges, military press, bent over row, pull-ups, dips, hyper-extension, wood choppers, plank.

As well, do intense cardio. Ideally, on different days from the weight training, but at least a couple of times a week, do running or cycling or rowing or something similar where you pant and sweat and are aware that you are working hard.

There is a myth of the "fat burning zone" which claims that moving slowly burns more fat than working hard. It's based on a mathematic fallacy. In real life, the harder you work, the better your results will be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right workout [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a workout that reduces love handles? If so can you please share the secret!

Workout Schedule [ 0 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I have been out of the loop for a long time and was wondering if anyone has an idea about workout schedules. I am wanting to work out 3 days a week or so to loose some weight. I also intend to do cardio before working out. Does anyone recommend some type of schedule like...

AB Workout [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good ab workout video? I just had a baby...

View more questions Search