Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zero1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Washer Backup in Sink
    I have a washer machine in my basement that drains into my utility sink. I am finding food particles etc in my utility sink which makes me think that there is some sort of blockage and when the washer drains it backs it up into my sink. I have a bathroom right next to the utility sink and that seems to work fine. Is it safe to assume that there is a partial blockage that gets exacerbated when the washer dumps so much water but is not noticeable when simply running the faucet in the utility sink? If so is the best option to try to snake the drain?

Thank you for any advice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 14, 2007, 08:56 AM
    ". Is it safe to assume that there is a partial blockage that gets exacerbated when the washer dumps so much water but is not noticeable when simply running the faucet in the utility sink? If so is the best option to try to snake the drain?"

Not only safe but accurate. Snake the washer drain line from the roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 foot more. If you can't get to the roof then snake from the washer stand pipe. Work your way around the trap and put out 20 feet. Cycle the washer to test. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suds backup in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment house. 189 families and 7 floors. I am in the 05 line,#205. I have complained to the super who is #105 ground floor. My kitchen sink backs up and his sink backs up worse. He checked the apts in the line and he claims one apt 605 hides the washing machine apods he comes up....

Kitchen sink backup [ 3 Answers ]

Kitchen sink was backing up. Called plumber and he snaked the line. Didn't work. Replaced a Studer vent that is under the sink (only a year old) and that didn't work. When he manually opens the Studer vent, the water drains out fast. He tired 2 vents. Problem still not solved.

Washer Backup! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Everyone I Am New To The Site Because I Have A Big Problem! I Live In The Country Where I Have Septic Tank And The Water Drains Into A Pipe Underground That Eventually Goes To A Field Tile. I Recentely Installed A New Washer And Dryer And Did All The Hookups Myself. The Dryer Is Working...

Sink Drain backup [ 1 Answers ]

After cooking, I put spaghetti noodles and shrimp in the garbage disposal to dispose of the noodles and shrimp. The noodles and shrimp disappeared in the garbage disposal, but now I have a water backup. I have water in my sink and the water will not go down the drain. I assume there is something...

View more questions Search