Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbhunter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Hospital worker comments & suggestions about health issues around patient's hcmc
    Hello I'm wondering what can be done or if it is legally wrong or something else when a receptionist whom may or may not have any medical schooling to be loudly saying what they think you should do for your physical issues that brought you to the hospital and repetitively, loudly and plainly making comments that embarrass and shame the patient while plainly being combative and rude with those questions being asked across the waiting room? What can be done and what can be said about this man whom also earlier on sent (me) the patient to the wrong place to get test results?

This employee is openly asking folks why they are here and what their issues are that brought them in while other patients are in front of him going through the barrage of questions needed to get the help they need! He stops the questions or the blood pressure taking or whatever he is helpful doing at the time and immediately becomes rude and combative while behind the counter with a patient seated right in front of him while asking personal questions to the patients that just come in as if he is seeing through who can get help and if they need to be here at the psychiatric ward.

I personally find it very inappropriate and it was not helpful in anyway and actually made me not want to be at a place where I was supposed to get help and the meds I need! He made me feel as if I was supposed to answer these questions in front of others and also was making statements on personal issues as well as adding opinions! I feel violated and quite vulnerable and will not be coming back to HCMC A.P.S in Minneapolis MN unless absolutely no other choices are
    Front of him ans a
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
    I realize the questioning is loud but it is unnecessary? Sometimes it's impossible to find an isolated place to question a patient.

Did the questions have anything to do with why the patient was there? What did medical personnel do while this was going on?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 15, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Is this a clinic where are lot of people are seen for free or only have Medicaid? And the waiting room is always full? Then they probably have a low budget and have to ask a lot of questions just to speed up the process of being seen, so I would either not go there, or would accept it as the price you pay to be seen as quickly as possible, in time order or in order of urgency, part of what he might be determining or pre-screening for.
    If you don't have other options, write a letter as you have written here (maybe with a few examples) and send it to the Clinic Administrator.
    jbhunter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 02:00 PM
    I'm thinking they are under staffed at this particular psyciatric facility and I know they have to ask questions but I do believe it wouuld be more professional if he told the folks coming in to sign and he would be right with them! It's not that I needed or wanted an isolated place and I do have the right to just not speak to the ignoramous, but when you walk ina place that your trying to get help from you feel like the person you are being asked questions by has the upper hand & in lots of situations they do! He rudely would take himself away from a patient while still seated in front of them and question the new person coming in! I was asked where I'm bleeding from and then told I
    should go to the E.R, Which I'd his opinion and he's not a doctor! I do believe that is illegal but I'm not 4 sure..
    Either way if your asking a patient questions that are not ne of your business just so you can feel like the GO TO GUY who are you trying to help? The patient or are you just feeding your ego a bit? I'm feeling quite strongly that I wasn't in the wrong and this I do know! If I can avoid a trip there I will at all costs! I need respect & would prefer to not check my rights and decision making skills at the door of a docs office just because some can wants to play advice man for a min & feellike he's got some power that's above! Isn't there something called HIPA? What's that anyway? I guess I can look it up if I reallt want to know! I was just so damn angry and still am as you can tell! I mean I'm not a white chick=okay, and I'm not a fellow black male so I was treated like a handsome young white blond,blue well dressed guy!
    as far as other personal... They were in other rooms in the building! He wasn't using ne soft speaking skills just openly putting my **** out there or requesting it as to make it sound like I wasn't able to be in the place where I was supposed to be and like I was requesting things that shouldn't be requested from a place I was told to get it from! And in the end I did get what I needed from them and it was the right place but now I'm so heated that I feel like an angry english man! Lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 02:27 PM
    I don't know why you are arguing with us. We're trying to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hospital health administration [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys! Coud anynone clarify whether hospital health administration and health administration in australia come under the same category or are they different couses.im particularly interested in australia for hospital administration instead of public health in australia.

If you are a mental health worker. [ 1 Answers ]

You have been seeing a client who was in the Iraq war that began in 2003. This soldier is exhibiting symptoms of PTSD. What type of therapy would you use with this soldier and why? What similarities and what differences would you expect to see between veterans of Vietnam and soldiers fighting in...

Heartbroken.put in your comments or suggestions as to how to deal with this. [ 8 Answers ]

Dear All, I am new to this forum and I need your help. I am so so heartbroken and am not sure how to deal with this. It's been six months now since the break up but I feel I have not moved on. To put it in a nutshell, the relationship was a mess. We loved each other truly and deeply and were...

Need suggestions & comments. [ 14 Answers ]

Ei! Its me, again. To those who do not know yet my story. Just follow the link --> https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/she-breaks-up-me-dont-want-lose-her-136025.html Last Saturday, me and my friends decide to attend the city fiesta's street party. All I want that night is to enjoy,...

View more questions Search