Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AutumnB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 04:05 PM
    I need advice.
    I am 17, I turn 18 this March, but I am only a junior in high school. I live with my adopted parents, and my biological brother. I talk to my biological mother, and my father, and other family daily.

A few weeks back, I ran away, and stayed with my biological mom for 3 days until the cops found out where I was, and sent me home. Once I turn 18 my biological mother and family would like me to move in with them, but my adoptive parents expect me to stay here. I was in foster care from age 7 or 8 to age 12 because my biological mother could not take care of my brother and me. My two older brothers live with my biological mom. I have forgiven my biological mom completely, and fear that not going to live with her is going to push her back into doing really bad stuff again, on the other hand going to live with her is going to hurt my adoptive family, and my brother.

There is no in between it is stay or go, and either way I am going to hurt people I love. I need someone to talk to... PLEASE HELP!
    chalilla Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2011, 05:00 PM
    My advice to you is to stay where you heart tell you because like you say you will hurt people one way or another, but you have to be more thoughtful and have some apreciation for your adoptive parents and all they have done for you. And whatever you decide, is not going to change what your biological mother do with her life you are not responsible for her actions, she is an adult and whatever she does with her life is nobody`s fault but her own. Sometimes the idea that we have about other people is just an ilusion and we later can be hurt and dissapointed by their actions. So be careful with your decition, and like the old say go "is better what you know" and that is your adoptive parents they know you and you know them better than your biological mother, and remember that mother is not the one that brought you into the world but the one who raise you and took care of you in sickness and in health, and be more apreciative of your adoptive parents and cosider yourself lucky that you found someone that care so much for you to adopt you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 05:52 PM
    I think you should seriously think about staying where you are and being on your own. Do you have future plans for yourself as in college or working? Hey I get you are in a hard place, but I think it works better for your brother to keep things as they are with living arrangements, and continue to be in touch every day with your biological family.

But YOUR own plans for YOUR future is the main thing and should dictate all your actions after high school.

Good luck guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Advice [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and brother in-law are homeless and are currently staying with me,my partner and daughter in out 2 bedroom flat until they are housed. Things have been some what difficult resulting in my brother in law to commit a crime, because of this he now has a curfew of 7pm - 6am and has to sign in...

In Need Of Advice [ 54 Answers ]

I was dating this girl for just a little over a month and previous to that we started talking and hung out for a few weeks before we became official. Anyway, during our relationship we seemed to have a pretty good connection, the physical attraction was amazing and we started talking about we were...

Getting advice [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Dr Zaik Naik, I am farhad radmanish from Heart, Afghanistan. I recently found a girl from senegal in internet, she is an orphan and black, she lives in a camp in a church, she asked me to help her to move out from the camp, his late father has a bank account in royal Bank Of Scottland, some...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

View more questions Search