Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 12:59 AM
    2000 Honda Civic DX
    Hi,

Car's engine light came on few days ago... AutoZone people showed me the following as trouble code:

P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

They said problem is related with the oxygen sensor AFTER the catalytic converter and needs replacing... Im trying to figure out where exactly is the location of this. When I open the hood, I see right in front of the engine something that looks like a spark plug... is this one that needs changing?.

Ty
    edb
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 07:57 AM
    The indicated sensor is under the car and behind the catalytic converter. Many cars have a two sensor arrangement today.

Feb 11, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Txgreasemonkey thank you very much for your help.

If possible, I have two more questions... - Is the sensor under the car located in front or back of it. I also, noticed you do recommend Denso Sensors.

I found (below link) this one for my car. Do you think this is the right part? [#C5010-100895 ](my car is an automatic one).

Honda Parts 2000 Civic 1.6 CX/DX 3dr Honda Oxygen Sensor

Again, txgreasemonkey ty.
    Ed
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Looks like right part. Located towards rear of converter.

Should be Denso Part #234-4096. You can get it for $88.79+shipping at Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto.

Feb 11, 2007, 04:19 PM
    The Denso Part #234-4209 is universal one, I'm going to have a hard time connecting those wires.

Maybe DENSO Part #234-4096 (REAR; Automatic Trans) for $88.79 from rockaouto.com is the exact fit ?

Thanks again
    Ed
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Yes, Denso Part #234-4096 is an exact fit and much better than the universal oxygen sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

2000 honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the dash on a 2000 Honda Civic?

2000 honda civic problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My 2000 honda civic si while driving in 4th gear, kicked out and the engine light came on. A few minutes later the oil light came on and the engine shut off. When I pulled over all the oil leaked out from the bottom. Please help me on why this happened? Thanks in an advance Cory

2000 Honda Civic won't start [ 6 Answers ]

Last Sat morning, cranked the starte motor till it finally started, It was rainy and damp. All day started and ran fine. Sunday cranked it over quiite quickly. Monday morning, same thing started instantly. Monday night, car sitting for a while. Raining, when I got in the car, had to crank over the...

View more questions Search