Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DIVERUP77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 09:13 PM
    Where can I find a snowthrower that attaches to a discontinued Sears Craftman Rider
    Craftman Rider Lawntractor 24 hp/724cc 46"cut Model 3917 289281 the snowthrower that the tractor has under the hood is #24838. Sears is useless to help. Bought it from them but their sight needs definite overhaul when it comes to discontinued items or guidance to who can help. Spent $2000 for it. They are useless. Can anybody tell me what I can do to find this snowthrower that mounts on the front. Thanks for any help is appreciated. From Teed Off in Ct.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Dec 13, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Hi Driverup77, welcome to AMHD! :)

Quote Originally Posted by DIVERUP77 View Post
    Craftman Rider Lawntractor 24 hp/724cc 46"cut Model 3917 289281 the snowthrower that the tractor has under the hood is #24838. Sears is useless to help. Bought it from them but their sight needs definite overhaul when it comes to discontinued items or guidance to who can help. Spent $2000 for it. They are useless. Can anybody tell me what I can do to find this snowthrower that mounts on the front. Thanks for any help is appreciated. From Teed Off in Ct.
    Could you re-check that 3917 289281 number? Sears/Craftsman always has numbers in this format 391.7289281 .

And managemylife.com can not find that number. Using the last six numbers I was able to find this http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_...M/L0904627.pdf which may be or not be your tractor.
    I can not find any reference to a tractor that starts with the 391. Prefix.

Using your number for the Snowblower gave this result. If the prefix numbers are "486" it is made by Agri-Fab, and they are still in business, "842" was Haban, and they are out of business.

You might want to check with a local Sears Repair Center. The technician there should be able to match up a blower to your tractor.
    The best lead that I could give you is to call the local Sears store, and ask if they can give you the location, and number of the local repair store.
    I did find this: yellowpages.com/newington-ct/sears-parts-repair-centers The first seven might help.

And this:
    Name:  sblower.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  15.5 KB
    Source: Craftsman Attachment Fit-UP
    Using the first four of the last five digits of the tractor number you gave (28928), it shows your blower # should be #24837 instead of #24838.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftman rider [ 4 Answers ]

Stop when I try to engage deck

Craftman rider mower won't cut [ 7 Answers ]

I have a craftman rider that I changed the belt and blades and it won't cut. Blades slows or stops when high grass is met. Doesn't sound like it used to. Any idea from someone with more knowledge than me.

Craftman rider 19.5hp [ 1 Answers ]

How do u tell if a coil is bad on a riding lawn mower. >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search