Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr.nicewatch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 12:46 PM
    My girl wants to just text and talk.
    So I thought everything was going fine, right when this girl and I started talking she told me that everything feels so right when she's with me.

Its only been a little while, about a month that we've been seeing each other . We are really close and open with each other and that's why I thought it was time to take things to the next level. So I asked her to be my girlfriend, I won't get into details but I was pretty romantic about it . She said yes and was very surprised, but then later on she told me it was too much for her. That it was too rushed and too much pressure with just starting school and a new job. She wanted to just to go back to the way we were before and said it has nothing to do with not liking me... I don't know what to believe though.

I probably shouldn't have reacted the way I did LOL but... I got mad at her and agitated because I put a lot of effort into asking her out perfectly and I still got shut down. And then told her I just wanted to drive her home and I put on the music and didn't say a word to her . That probably made things even worse, now that I think about it.

Now she wants to take a break From seeing me too and still texts me every now and then. I tried to act like that was cool with me, which it definitely wasn't, but I said okay that's fine anyway.

I don't know whether to text her and see how she's doing to show her I'm still interested or just give her space or tell her I don't want to be in a relationship with her after she did that too me...

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Asking for an exclusive commitment after a month may have been pushing things along to soon, obviously that's what she thinks.

Some females respond better to casual dating to get to know you before they are comfortable or sure being exclusive would work for them.

The fact she texts you shows maybe this is the case so let her get to know you better, and date for fun, NOT romance.

Maybe handle your rejection, and disappointment better? But there is only one way to see if her interest in you can lead to the next level, you have to take a risk.

Dec 8, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Thankss for your answer I really appreciate it! I'm just wondering where to go from here because now were not even seeing each other. She took things back a step and now we just text so I don't know whether to let her chase me and not be the aggressor or ask her what she wants and show her that I can't just wait around for her .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 08:20 PM
    Just me, I would make a friend!

Talaniman Rule- Date them all! Fat, short, skinny, or tall! 18 to 80, blind, cripple, or crazy.

The idea is to enjoy yourself and the people you interact with. Then you don't get stuck on just ONE, or trip over being rejected.

Sure I would be a text friend, maybe invite her out to specific things, but she had to back up because you were moving to fast. Friends don't chase each other, they interact, and if they can't, then they aren't friends and romantic feelings would be wasted.

So be friends, or move on. But you don't have to burn a bridge, just be busy, and unavailable. Subtle and slow works better than bulling ahead, or going to far, or to fast.

See the difference? Then you can explore all your options and opportunities until you decide what's best.

Dec 8, 2011, 08:28 PM
    Thanks for that perspective :) still not entirely sure how to handle this whole thing.

She did just message me asking if I was just going to cut her off, and I acted non chalante and like that wasn't what I was doing at all.

But anyway I'm just playing it by year and that's good advice from both of u, I'm still open to other suggestions too though.

I am very indecisive on this one..
    geminichick Posts: 187, Reputation: 57

Dec 9, 2011, 07:56 AM
    LOL.. Talaniman you are quite a character.. good advice though. For me as a woman, I want to get to know a man a little better before even thinking about going out with him. Have a friendship with them first so I can see what your like and if your free-spirited and most most importantly how we communicate together.

Honestly, you should just leave things as to where they are will this girl. The next time to jump so quickly into a relationship. Enjoy doing things together with someone (as friends) and see where tings go from there.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 9, 2011, 10:41 AM
    Take is slow and be her friend. Sounds to me like you moved way too fast.
    Be friends with her, casually date or tell her you can't.
    You've only known her a month, what is the rush?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guy text at the end of text "talk later" [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, There is this guy that I like, he is someone that I know a while but we don't meet that often. Well anyway, he has asked me out a few times, but I told him that he was too young for me as there is a 7 year age gap... he is in his late twenties I'm in my mid thirties. So I meet him...

No chat speak, no text talk! [ 0 Answers ]

Chat speak, and text talk, will be deleted, so at least try to make sense. :D In the interest of understanding, please refrain from chat/text, and spell check your posts. If they are really that bad, they are subject to being deleted. Thanks all, and enjoy.

Dirty talk/text [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I text all the time and we live 4 in half hours away from each other now that we are in college and we dirty text and dirty talk. How do I keep it interesting

View more questions Search