Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ASHIKAGA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Is there anywhere in the NEC that allows flexible cord to be installed in a raceway?
    Is there anywhere in the NEC that allows flexible cord to be installed in a raceway?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Cord is only allowed to be in raceway in very specific locations or reasons, such as from the 2008 Edition of the NEC:

501.140 Flexible Cords, Class I, Divisions 1 and 2.
    (A) Permitted Uses.
    (B) Installation.
    Where flexible cords are used, the cords shall comply with all of the following:

(3) For electric submersible pumps with means for removal without entering the wet-pit. The extension of the flexible cord within a suitable raceway between the wet-pit and the power source shall be permitted.

So, need to know exactly what your application is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bonding bushings and ground wire raceway [ 7 Answers ]

1. From the meter base, I have a 3" long galvanized nipple (2" wide in diameter) leading to and external main disconnect. The nipple carries 3 2/0 copper wires (2 hots and one neutral) to the disconnect. From the disconnect, I have 2" diameter galvanized conduit running into the house to the...

Maximum percent of cross sectional area fill when instalig 2 conductors in a raceway [ 2 Answers ]

The maximum percent of cross sectional area fill when installing more than 2 conductors in a raceway is

How long does flexible adhesive take to dry for ceramic tiles on a flexible floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have laid ceramic tiles on a flexible floor using the appropriate adhesive. Professionally laid (apparently) My question is, how long should I let set/dry before moving large heavy items such as dishwasher/washer back on to the tiles?

Can I install a 600 volt single phase circuit in a underfloor concrete raceway with l [ 1 Answers ]

Will the 2008 NEC allow me to install a 600 volt single phase circuit in an underfloor concrete raceway that also has lower voltage control cables if a plastic divider separates the higher voltage wires from the control cables?

Can I replace a 240v plug/cord with a 110v plug/cord on a KitchenAid Mixer (5KMP50)? [ 5 Answers ]

I have acquired a KitchenAid Heavy Duty 5-quart 10-speed Mixer model #5KPM50, which has a European-style 240v plug. I know there are converters available, but I want to replace the 240v plug with the standard 110v plug used in the USA. Can I replace just the plug or should I replace the plug and...

View more questions Search