Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pchef2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 08:24 AM
    I recently caught my 7 year old daughter and my 3 year old son "making out"
    I asked 100 questions about what they were doing and where they seen it or heard about it and everyone just kept saying I don't know. I'm not sure who's idea it was or where the idea came from but I'm very concerened. I know they are not victims of abuse because they love school and the only people they are ever with are me and my 74 year old grandma. I don't want to address this in the wrong way so what should I do? I told them it was not OK to do that with anyone and if if anyone at all ever tried to touch them or get them to tough him/her to tell me right away but I'm concerned none the less. Please help. I don't know if its normal because I was an only child.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Kids are curious about their bodies, and simply do not have the taboos that adults do about touch and private areas. This is a great opportunity to talk to them both about what is appropriate for children and siblings, and what is not okay. (For example, kissing on the mouth is what adults do to show love, you can show love by giving hugs or kisses on the cheek.) I would continue to be vigilant about checking for signs on abuse or inappropriate behavior (as always) and to encourage them to talk to you about it, but don't panic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 3 year old daughter doesn"t speak [ 5 Answers ]

I have a three year old girl and she still doenst speak, she repeats everything she hears on TV and sings a lot of songs . She could also count from 1-20 and the abc "S . but she never says mommy or daddy when she wants something. she would bring me to the kitchen when she wants something to...

How do I get my 29 year old daughter and her 9 year son to live on there own [ 3 Answers ]

She seems very comfortable living with us and shows no signs of wanting to live on her own. She makes good money at her job but at the end of the month she would get a letter from the bank for insufiecent funds. We do have her pay us rent for the month. The only other bills she has are car...

Series 1953 Five Dollar Bill - Black Ink "B" Under Year [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1953 series five dollar bill with the seal in blue ink over the five. The be under the 1953 series is in black ink. Last names are smith and dillion. Serial number is F85409171A. It is legal tender in the united states.there is an E21 near the bottom right corner near the five on the bill....

Getting my 3 year old son to "poo poo" in the potty [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 3 and he goes to the bathroom to pee very well but for some reason he doesn't want to go poo in the potty. My husband and I are trying our best to help him know where the "poo" goes but it doesn't seem to work. We have tried everything from bribing him with his favorite food to just...

My 7 year old son "Hates himself!" [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through a divorce. I have 2 boys (7 and 2), they have different dads. My first husband (my 7 year olds father) is in prison. His step-father threated him horribly! How can I help my 7 year old from not feeling like there is something wrong with him?

View more questions Search