Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justjo1161 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 01:32 PM
    What are the NJ laws fir salaried employees. I don't get more $ for extra hours, OK,
    What are the NJ laws for salaried employeesbut if I only worked 9 days out of 10 but still put in 78.5 hrs total my boss takes a PTO day. Can she do that?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
    What do you mean by "my boss takes a PTO day?" Do you mean that because you were 1.5 hours shy of 80 hours on your time sheet she made you book a PTO for one of the days? If so - did you actually come to work each of the 10 days? How did you end up being short on hours?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
    That is correct, if you take off work, they will use one of your PTO days. And no you do not get paid over time.
    justjo1161 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 02:22 PM
    I worked only 9 of the 10 day period and came up 1.5 hrs short for a full 80 hr period. She took a PTO day. When I work beyond 80 hrs, and there is plenty of that, I am not entitled to extra $ and that I understand
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 02:38 PM
    No, it is not the hours per day, you are to work 10 days, the number of hours per day does not matter.

You missed one full day, so they take one PTO day for the day you missed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2011, 02:55 PM
    A salaried employee CAN be docked if they don't show up for work. Doesn't matter how many hours they worked overall. If they don't show up on a regularly scheduled workday, they can be docked for the whole day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

Salaried employees laws? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer insist on you taking a unpaid lunch break to increase your hours of work in a eight hour shift

Laws for salaried employees [ 5 Answers ]

I am a new salaried employee and not quite sure if my employer is allowed to do this. Recently my company had a shut down for the holidays. All hourly employees were told they would need to take a vacation day or personal/sick day in order to be paid for the days not covered by holiday pay....

Labor laws regarding salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine and I are managers in a restaurant. We are expected to work 55 hours a week and if we miss a day we have to make that day up or have it docked from our pay. However if a manager has to fill in for another manager that misses a day and the absent manager does not make up the day by...

Hours of a salaried employee laws [ 1 Answers ]

How many hours after 40 do I have to work?

View more questions Search